• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Gemini - Auriga border

philjay

Another aborted attempt with the star adventurer and 1000d with nifty fifty lens. Clouds rolled in when I was 20 minutes in to this so a couple of subs were messed up.

Rescued 15 minutes of subs, some heavy twilight gradients removed, still some in there but what the heck :) . Not what I was hoping for but interesting to see that area through a 50mm camera lens. Annotated to show whats what of the larger objects

180415wideannot%20copy.jpg

One day I will be able to give this rig a proper outing and churn something better out with the detail I want.

Nice pic Phil. I'd say you got enough to make it worthwhile. I like the wide field stuff. Makes a good finder chart too. 

I can't wait until you get a decent crack at this, these "test" ones show that it can really turn out some great images.

Nice work Phil. Loads of stars and great colour. Love the star clusters especially.

Steve

Ta folks, there should also be m1 in there but I reckon that will take more subs, even then its going to be small