• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 - Attempt 2

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

So thought id give M13 another crack -

More from a learning point of view finally nailed down my flats :) no more bunnies

5x 300s Lights - ISO800

6x 300s Darks - ISO800

30x Flats

30x Bias

17029278930_7a5552d5c1_b.jpgm13 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

Nice image looks like you have a faint galaxy  as well

Stephen

Fabulous image Steven, your auto guiding is spot on!

What's your opinion on your guide scope camera QHY5-ii - I am still thinking about getting one of these... Cheers!

Guest StevenWhatley

Thanks guys :)

I really like it Stephen, its great for the money even with just a 50mm Finder Scope it always finds plenty of stars to guide on.. 

I spent a while on the levelling and polar aligning to try and make it as smooth as possible and for once it seems the extra time paid off..

I was going to try for longer subs but it was just too washed out as I was taking these at about 9.30 and it was completely dark yet..

Thanks guys :)

I really like it Stephen, its great for the money even with just a 50mm Finder Scope it always finds plenty of stars to guide on.. 

I spent a while on the levelling and polar aligning to try and make it as smooth as possible and for once it seems the extra time paid off..

I was going to try for longer subs but it was just too washed out as I was taking these at about 9.30 and it was completely dark yet..

Thanks for that Steven, I must get round to getting one these, I've put it off long enough...

I have been polar aligning mine and it's almost there, but there's always something to look at! I have been tracking stars on the southern and eastern directions along the ecliptic for hours, slowly tweaking the wedge etc. I will get there!

Cheers!

Very nice Steven. And I think the galaxy is NGC6207. I love 2 for the price of 1 images!

• 2 months later...

Nice image - but you'll know you've really cracked it when the propeller appears. :)