• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Revelation Binoviewers

Guest Fluke

Guest Fluke

Thinking of getting these come payday.

/>http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation_BinoViewer___Case.htm

To get the best out of these will I need 2 lenses exactly the same?, i.e. will I get away with 2 of the same power but different brand etc?

I've already got the revelation starter lens kit. Anyone know if it's possible to buy any of the lenses in this kit seperately so I can use them in the binoviewers?

Have a look here Dan - speak to Rob he'll give you the lowdown on them:

http://stargazerslounge.com/member-equipment-reviews/100091-revelation-binoviewers.html

I use the WO bv's - they're terrific in my Sct and they come with two WA 25mm eyepieces and a screw on 1.6x barlow. They cost a little more than the Revelations but you do get a few extra bits making them ready to use out of the box You'll probably end up spending the same anyway. The WO bv's won a review in SaN sometime back over the Revs fyi :)

Guest Fluke

Hi Kim, thanks for the info. I've looked at WO ones before and they are my preferred option - was just wondering if I could save a few quid making use of some of what I've got already. Sounds like it's about the same both ways so might as well go for the WO option!

yep i had then revelation set of binos and the Moon views where indeed amazing, worth every penny, the W O version are alittle more complete and i would also recommend them, i`ve looked through Kims and they are quality, you can get the Revelation set with the barlow lens and if you are lucky there might be someone selling a set with eyepieces and second hand they are a bargain.

one thing with binos is that you don`t need lots of eyepieces, i would just go for a couple of 20mm ones which will give a great view of the Moon.