• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Morpheus info

Tweedledee

appears anyone else will have to wait till mid august :o

That's just mean! :o

So you opted for it then Sheila!

Wouldn't mind a look through at some point if you don't mind, just to see what it's like?

It could even be a Delos beater.

Seems like that has to be its main competitor.

The Morpheus seems to offer everything that the Delos does, but is cheaper and with a slightly wider field of view.

google translate???

Cheers.

Just about to try that now I'm back on the laptop.

Was posting on the phone at first and Google Translate is more fiddly on that.

EDIT...

Silly me, just spotted that I can click to english on the Baader website :facepalm2:

Edited by Tweedledee

So you opted for it then Sheila!

Wouldn't mind a look through at some point if you don't mind, just to see what it's like?

no worries, Doc is gonna test it I think, then I can pass it to you for an opinion, although I know you are biased

towards televue :harhar:

If you buy the full set, do they send the leather trench coat as well?? :lol:

And a pair of those Morpheus style sunglasses  :lol:

I'm going to pick it up from Sheila next week and I'll test it alongside the Televue Delos.

Remember I'm not an expert and don't know any long words but I'll do my best.

What focal length did they send you Sheila?

Hi all.

The spec and eyepieces look the business! I have a few gaps to fill in the 9, 12, 14mm areas, 😄 and have considering Delos, ES etc... I will try to hang on a bit longer and hope your appraisals and comparisons are favourable... Please keep us all posted on this exciting new range... Competition is good! ðŸ‘

Cheers!

Nice I have both a 12mm and a 14mm Delos to compare it to.

Your edging closer Mick to your ideal full set, is it one more to go, or are you happy for now?😊

I've found them all now Stephen.

They should be here middle of next week.

You must be chuffed! ðŸ‘

Just looked at the gen on these new Morpheus eyepieces.

Yes competition is good, and with their price point & wide fov, they should do very well.

I see they say that they are of light weight and size so optimised for binoviewing.

I couldn't find the weight, but they looked pretty chunky.

I like the winged eye guard option though.....

Not so sure about that glow in the dark printing on them...... :screwloose:

I personally don't think i'll be tempted. 

Got a look through some very nice eyepieces at Belper tonight :) Mick had Sheilas 12.5mm Morpheus in his Esprit and a range of Delos eyepieces and his 31Nagler. I felt very priviledged to see through such nice eyepieces and especially pleased to be one of the first few people ever to look through a Morpheus :) The results so far were interesting, but I will leave Mick to explain. Soon Mick will be even better able to evaluate the Morpheus when he completes his full set of Delos and gets more similar focal lengths to the Morpheus.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable night with DaveJW and PolygonPi (Andy). DaveJW had his 12" Dob and Andy had his eq mounted 200p. I saw some lovely views in all the scopes and my binoculars. Thanks very much Dave, Andy and Mick :thumbsup:

Rob, The 12.5mm was lighter than it looks and I wasn't even aware of any glow in the dark printing on the Morpheus, so I'm sure it won't have an effect on dark adaptation.

The sky wasn't quite the best, but the milky way did become visible further from the horizon and we had a great time. Was good to get out under the stars with good company at Belper.

Cannot really add to what Pete has said, we had a great night, saw loads of objects. I compared the Morpheus to the Delos, but am going to wait until my 12mm arrives for a better comparison.

As for the glow in the dark, it's either not bright or didn't work, I'll look into it.

• Like 1

And a pair of those Morpheus style sunglasses [emoji38]

I'm going to pick it up from Sheila next week and I'll test it alongside the Televue Delos.

Remember I'm not an expert and don't know any long words but I'll do my best.

What focal length did they send you Sheila?

I think the matrix connection is bit dodgy if you ask me. Love the film... the marketing here is a little silly though.

I think the matrix connection is bit dodgy if you ask me. Love the film... the marketing here is a little silly though.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

I agree too, but at least it gave me a right giggle when I saw the marketing picture. I wasn't expecting anything like that :)