• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Batteries.

BAZ

Right folks, I have just got my hands on four 38amp/hour sealed lead acid batteries off a most excellent customer of mine.

These are free of charge to anyone who wants one. This is one of the conditions of me being able to have them.

Please let me know if you would like one.

Tom,

where in Scotland do you live. I can't promise anything but if Martyn still has some batteries left I could pick one up for you and bring it with me when I'm next north of the border visiting sites at Fort Augustus, Scourie and Perth.

Dave

Tom,

where in Scotland do you live. I can't promise anything but if Martyn still has some batteries left I could pick one up for you and bring it with me when I'm next north of the border visiting sites at Fort Augustus, Scourie and Perth.

Dave

Thanks Dave

PM sent maybe we can work something out

Martyn,

I'll pick the one up for Tom one night in the week if it's convenient for you. Otherwise it'll be a couple of weeks as I'm off camping a week Monday. Then I'll get it to Tom when I visit one of the sites for work.

Dave

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Martyn,

My battery is one of the 38AH ones, so take it off the list. Dave if it is more convenient to pass by here you are welcome to pick this one up, its unused and has been regularly trickle charged :-).

Guest Fluke

Hi Martyn,

I've currently got one of your smaller batteries. If you've still got any 38AH's left could I swap mine for one?

I could also do with a charger if you can help?

Thanks, Dan :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Dan,

You can pick one up from me if thats ok with Martyn, he is cherishing a larger unit for me.... :) .

Drop me a pm and i'll send address if interested. You are 10mins away.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Tom, you have the record for the furthest traveled Baz battery.

Many thanks to Dave for the transport.

Enjoy your new scope as well Tom.

Any recommended trickle charger for these or what is the best way if maintaining condition. I killed a leisure battery once :(

Glad to hold the record and I'll replace that pint in your avatar if I make it to EMS1 :)

Guest Fluke

Got mine from a local discount warehouse in Mansfield thanks to Damian pointing me in the right direction. Cost about £12.

Sorry that isnt going to help you much in Scotland.

I sure Maplin do them if you have one near you, including solar power ones, or failing that use ebay.

You can get an appropriate charger from Halfords if they have a store near you - Martyn got his batch of chargers from there - motorbike ones I believe they were. :)

Iam off to the cash n carry in a bit, if there are any in I'll pick a couple up and if you want, I will post it to you Tom.

Any recommended trickle charger for these or what is the best way if maintaining condition. I killed a leisure battery once :(

Glad to hold the record and I'll replace that pint in your avatar if I make it to EMS1 :)

I googled the one Martyn let me borrow its Streetwize model SWTBC - I know this one is OK

Quite a few sites sell it

Sheila

I have one for Tom, and two spare ones if anyone wants one.

£12 each.

You connect and forget, it's an intelligent charger, and cycles the battery so it keeps it in top condition. You can leave it plugged in all the time.

I would like 1 Martyn please, I have a 24Ah battery of yours. I may be able to pick it up from you at the Belper meeting next Friday, if thats OK with you?

Cheers

Ron