• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Batteries.

BAZ

I googled the one Martyn let me borrow its Streetwize model SWTBC - I know this one is OK

Quite a few sites sell it

Sheila

Thanks sheila I'm sorted now.

Martyn can you PM me your PayPal address and I'll gift you the money thanks for sorting me out :)

I have two spare 38amp/hr batteries, so if anyone wants one, let me know.

I'll bring them with me on the 20th, to the meeting.

These are free to members of EMS.

Also let me know if anyone wants a charger, I have two spare and can get hold of more if needed.

I just wanted to concur that the Streetwize model SWTBC trickle charger is great. Simple, no fuss, just leave it running.

The original one that Martyn got me when I collected my battery failed after about 4 months use. Both the charging and discharging lights stayed on at the same time and soon afterwards it just died with no lights at all.

I was so pleased with the simplicity and convenience of the charger, that I bought exactly the same one again, off ebay. Think it was just the luck of the draw that mine broke. But I now have a few spare leads and connectors that will come handy for use in a battery box.

So, yet another highly satisfied Baz Battery user (well, I have to admit that so far I've only charged it), got to get something to power with it now :)

Cheers.

Have you still a battery spare please, we could use one for lighting. Our current one has lost the plot and won't stay charger.

I hope you are happy with it.

One has served me well, and is now looking after another battery now.

Cheers Tom.

Will certainly be at Belper on Friday night Martyn, so will see you about the charger then, OK?

I'm guessing a normall 12v battery charger will not be any good for this job? If not, and you still have any, could you please bring one along and I will bring the required number of beer tokens ;)

I will bring the two chargers I have. £12 is what they cost.

If anyone else needs one, can you let me know, so I can go and get them for Friday.

Cheers Martyn ;) I've not tried charging it yet so I haven't broken it, just occured to me I should check lol I'm currently working on my plans for boxing it up and pimping my box lol

• 4 weeks later...

I have got hold of two more batteries, one a 38 amp/hour, and the other a 65amp/hr. They look good, and are charging now.

So following a load test, will be available for anyone that wants one. Just let me know.

Guest Kheldar

I have got hold of two more batteries, one a 38 amp/hour, and the other a 65amp/hr. They look good, and are charging now.

So following a load test, will be available for anyone that wants one. Just let me know.

Martyn mate, may I call dibs on the 65 pending a proper test of the current one I have?

I have reservations about the amperage from my current one (battery indicator suggests its almost empty after 5 hours light use of 2 or 3A draw, but need to do a proper test this weekend.

Edited by Kheldar

Yes, if you are imaging it would be ideal. I don't think it will be a problem on the load test, due to the amount of charge it still had in it.

I'll just swap you for your smaller one if that's ok.

Anyone who wants one, please note these are free of charge, as I have a customer who lets me have the good ones out the recycle bin.

These are free as long as I don't sell them.

Guest Kheldar

I've tested it out and I think I don't need the battery Marytn cheers.

Load test today has sustained 1.5A draw for 23 hours now (currently reading 12.03V) so there's enough to last me a full night imaging :)