• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2021 4th - 11th October 2021

Sheila

Please can you post on here if you intend to book your pitches for 2021  .....  I will keep the pitches as this current year unless anyone lets me know

they do not require their pitch.  Once we have the list I can then send out booking references to book at Kelling this year

Sheila

• Craig pinned and featured this topic

Yup, count me in, I'll do the usual pitch, which is just outside the EMS area, but is fully serviced, so we don't need to carry water.. I'll confirm with you when I've booked it..

46 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Yup, count me in, I'll do the usual pitch, which is just outside the EMS area, but is fully serviced, so we don't need to carry water.. I'll confirm with you when I've booked it..

I assume you will sort that as I probably won’t have a booking reference in mine for it. Pitch 205 I think

On 14/09/2020 at 22:54, Sheila said:

Please can you post on here if you intend to book your pitches for 2021  .....  I will keep the pitches as this current year unless anyone lets me know

they do not require their pitch.  Once we have the list I can then send out booking references to book at Kelling this year

Sheila

same for me will see if they will take my booking now as I'm here at Kelling to Sunday (skies been very good but as usual mount issues 🤬

As far as I can tell only 1 person has not confirmed as yet for 2021

Bino-viewer

Please let me know ASAP if you want to book as some others may want to swap  pitches if they are better than the one they

have.  I don't want to do this if you want your pitch

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it’s called winter fest and is around the second week in November. Only red and yellow field though. Blue field is closed or normally is

• 2 weeks later...

Yes just forwarded mine to next year. Temporary booking date until actual date available 

• 10 months later...

Don't envy anybody going to Kelling this year from the East Midlands. A46 Newark is a nightmare (especially Fridays) and 

the Holdingham roundabout at Sleaford (A17/A15) is horrendous, usually 1-2 miles of standing traffic as they are altering the

roundabout and now have temporary traffic lights! You can miss this by turning off and going through RAF Cranwell and Leasingham.

back onto the A17! (check your Sat Navs)

Ron