• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hexy 635mm byclops bino---final steps

Guest black eyed hexy

Guest black eyed hexy

Hi,

Hexy is about to undergo a balancing act --I re-made two cell holding rings that needed updating-

these are 18mm plywood and will bolt to the scope tube--also will bolt to the cell baseplate --took me ages to make--two hours in all. black painted next.

these are the granite dummies used to balance the scope in the absence of some real mcoys.

once true balance is achieved and the winch is proven , I will finally embark on glass melting /mirror making --Tis gonna be a very reflective yuletide by the looks of things .

Ring-ring -----Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest black eyed hexy

Hi everyone ,

Another leetle update on progress== operation smoothy has just commenced--here some pics=

Hexy is winchable now in alt. -dummy granite mirrors are inside --and that ruddy gold weight nearly broke my finger

Hope ya all like

Dan

Guest black eyed hexy

Thanks all you guys ,

and regards the flamethrower idea for a dew heater --hahahahaha!----whoopee ! really really like that one-yeah really cool ! hahaha

I,m all set--

wan,t another piece of the mystery ??---here ya go ======

might be a coffin for the little green man I zapped the other night with my green laser pen !

Boxing day today---Dan

Edited by black eyed hexy

Guest black eyed hexy

Hi eddy,

That would look good on her head , which end would you say the head is ??

seriously my friend this is no ordinary head gear --buttoned helmet,s have no function

I,ve got a hat though ,and I might just take it off to myself --someday

Capped Dan

Guest black eyed hexy

HI eddy ,

The end caps with the handles on ,--they are Hexy,s wellies to stop her getting wet !! she lay,s back and enjoys the views , with her eyes at the other end !!

You can always say " give us another clue"

Sorry====I can show you all another pic though

clueless Dan

Guest black eyed hexy

Hi Daz ,

what about the twenty pence keys though---every one has a function on the scope . there,s twenty six of them thats £5.20 so far . ???

the twenty pence pieces are soldered to 6mmx50mm socket cup bolts and are spring loaded to act like typing keys--and--although there,s twenty six lead soldiers to the English alphabet ---there,s no relation

Dew you know ??

Tapping Dan

Wild guess, will be used for collimation of the mirrors/lenses???????

Clueless Darren.

Edited by Daz type-r

Guest black eyed hexy

Hi Felix ,

we all need something new and different to entertain us from time to time ,so that's my starting point,--- the benefits for me ? the idea is to provoke banter ,humour and thinking of the not thought about much,--so--20p,s ?--they don,t rust , are a similar shape to Hexy , they are the nearest to a hexagon shape I could find at the time amongst the loose change I pile up in a big jar, -- fifty pence pieces are the same having seven sides as well ,but too big for the project , -- and having the queen,s head on ??--------------------symbol of royalty --who,s to say what,s going to be on the other side of a twenty pence coin in years to come --it,s what is on the other side that,s important here .

Up to you lot to find out. ---more pics to come until you suss it out .

seven happens to be a perfect geometrical combination

£5.20p worth Dan

I reckon Darren got it right and it is a collimation control box. This box is like a giant TV remote. The twenty Ps somehow remotely operate motors and work either by push or turning.

The six in the the centre on each side are collimators for each primary and secondary mirror. -12

Others are involved with...

precise aligment of the tubes relative to each other -4

movement of secondary's relative to focuser -2

control of two focusers -4

altitude and azimuth on the mount, possibly with several speeds -4

But then I thought that maybe Dan likes playing music while observing, and it is a type of piano accordian in matching Hexy style :D .

Come on Dan, explain.

Guest black eyed hexy

Hey ,things are warming up here ,

logic is starting to click in -- WOW !-------------- remote controlled motor,s ?? if anyone here knows about that format for controlling 12 volt wiper motors-- bell me quick !

No doubt the application is possible --thanks Pete for the idea --will use that on another item . Yer using the imagination very cleverly .

You,re certainly getting warm in some areas . but not others .

I need a precise explanation before opening the BOX---Don,t see no harm in a little more guessing via a few more pics, as and when the items are made (nearly got the next one ready )

I have a few more planned surprise add-on,s to make the bino scope very user friendly ----I,m getting on in years and having things relaxed and easy is one of the priorities my style demands

Am wondering if anywhere on planet earth fibre optics are used to control an amateur scope ????????

Fat controller Dan

Guest black eyed hexy

Just come in for a warm coffee , skies looking wonderful out there with jupiter and the Moon in closeness . Hope you,re all out there too--forget the forum while it,s as clear as this eh !

Oh yeah ! the accordian --some astronomy researchers have recorded the music from space objects ,so I read.

I might become a "STAR " performer with my instrument -- that,s if I can tune her properly.

It,s a versatile gadget , so it,s quite possible to play music with it---air or electric ??

Underside of the double hexagon pic 657 ? A fair request --can,t see no reason why not Peter --haven,t taken one yet but will get one on by tommorrow dinner --will add another part to satiate the curiosity .

In accord Dan

Guest black eyed hexy

Here ya go ,

as promised --

the front one is the original upturned and the rear one is another plate with springed bolt assembly --this goes on top of the first one like this -==

there is something to go on top of this next

after saying all that ,there is a mod to make on both but it will look kinda --similar--???

Mod not gone off his rocker

Pusher Dan