• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Star Party lights

Cazz

If you use glow sticks on the tripod legs it might be an idea to surround the scope with a windbreak or too so adjacent pitches don't get miffed (not so bad amongst friends but if you're next to strangers who are imaging ......) say no more.

If you need to get in/out of the car during darkness make sure all the lights are blacked out (esp flashers) and interior ligths are off or covered in red acetate masking. Me - I get everything I need out of the car during the day time :)

Thanks for all the pointers and tips, I think we're nearly sorted now with what we're doing. I'm pleased we're not new to camping as well. :blink:

Glad you are sorted, wish I was going on earlier than Thursday

Thursday is better than Friday, which is better than not at all. ;) See you there. :)

We are going on Tuesday, :P I'm saying going Thursday is better than going Friday, which is still better than not going. Glass half full and all that. ;)

don`t forget to wrap up warm, a nice pair of thermal socks is a god send, long johns and thermal vest also a very nice addition along with a good hat.