• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello Fellow Star Botherers

Nightspore

Good to hear from you Dave. I really hope you get sorted out and you're back at the eyepiece soon and, of course  writing up your wonderful observing reports.

11 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

Cheers mate. The real disappointment was missing the Mars oppo'. I'd been looking forward to it all year. I'd even bought new Lumicons (orange, light blue) for Mars. Oh well, roll next next Mars oppo'.

5 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Good to hear from you Dave. I really hope you get sorted out and you're back at the eyepiece soon and, of course  writing up your wonderful observing reports.

Yeah thanks, I promise if I can do I'll do write some more reports, I hate to disappoint my fans lol. Take care.

I hope you manage to get some control over your situation and can enjoy getting out again. Take care mate.

32 minutes ago, BAZ said:

I hope you manage to get some control over your situation and can enjoy getting out again. Take care mate.

Thanks Baz, you take care as well.

Welcome back Dave, sorry to hear you have health problems.

I share your frustration about not being able to get out I have a condition which means I am too tired or in pain, or both, by the evening so it restricts the number of times I get out and when i do get out, the length of time I can manage. 

Not good for Astronomy

2 minutes ago, philjay said:

Welcome back Dave, sorry to hear you have health problems.

I share your frustration about not being able to get out I have a condition which means I am too tired or in pain, or both, by the evening so it restricts the number of times I get out and when i do get out, the length of time I can manage. 

Not good for Astronomy

Thanks philjay. Sorry to hear about your health, I too am fatigued and have chronic pain. I doubt I will be able to get out for any long sessions. Let's hope 2023 gets better for us. 

I’ve missed your monthly observing reports. Glad you’re on the mend and  you can get back out soon.

39 minutes ago, Streetbob said:

I’ve missed your monthly observing reports. Glad you’re on the mend and  you can get back out soon.

Thanks Doug. Let's hope there are no more relapses or trips in an ambulance. I'll try and work on some reports, possibly from last year at first. 

On 05/01/2023 at 16:57, Speed said:

look after yourself   your health is important    

Thanks mate.

On 06/01/2023 at 05:59, Bottletopburly said:

Sorry to hear that Dave best wishes going forward hope your on the mend

Thanks, best wishes to you. There may be light at the end of the tunnel, on the other hand it may be a bullet train lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been in hospital a couple of times. Insane, they discovered the water tablets had lowered my sodium and potassium levels dangerously. I'm a loony. Well, not now, hope to get a scope out soon. 

Edited by David Totney

Sorry to hear you've been back in hospital Dave,  I hope your well enough to get the scope out soon. 

I'm just leaving the Royal in Derby as my wife's had to go back in earlier today. Feeling shattered and hungry. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2023 at 20:17, Glafnazur said:

Sorry to hear you've been back in hospital Dave,  I hope your well enough to get the scope out soon. 

I'm just leaving the Royal in Derby as my wife's had to go back in earlier today. Feeling shattered and hungry. 

Thanks, but I've had another stroke, technically only a mini stroke, but it's taken my speech and weakened my right side. Maybe when spring finally comes I'll try and venture out with a small scope.

On 20/01/2023 at 18:49, Craig said:

@Nightspore I can only see one account for you. PM me with the details of the other one and I'll look into it.

I'm not sure what happened Craig, probably gremlins lol.