• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Takahashi scopes

Speed

11 hours ago, Speed said:

HI yes I have contacted the owner a few weeks ago  being so new I hoped the warranty was transferable  but unfortunately Takahashi  do not allow this    to be honest I would like a warranty for piece of mind    unless I know the owner   

I get where you are coming from, however its a good price compared to a new one.

Assuming he's selling it with the rings, to me, thats a bit of a bargain. Its a third off the new price and only about 6 months old.

If its backordered i'm surprised its not sold ?

HI   It is the OTA only   they were £2600   a few months ago   (RVO)  Also it is the other end of the country   I accept it is a good price  but  if there is an issue later on there is no come back  

Crikey, its gone up that much in 6 months...?

Well lets hope FLO pull out the stops and sort you one out.

astronomy buy and sell    Takahashi  150    £5000    what a bargain         

Harrison Telescopes  have a 2005 Takahashi  FS102    for sale    £1100    sounds a bargain     

And quite a rare scope too. They are a good few years old.

Its the baby brother of the world famous and much sought after FS-128.

They also did another very nice 4" -  the TSA 102 which is a triplet design.

Again, world famous and long discontinued. They pop up occasionally on the second hand market *

* Steve Asbury (ENS Optical) had one for sale recently, and i saw it, but it sold pretty quickly.

The FS-102 differs from the new FC100 in that although its still a Fluorite doublet, the Fluorite element is at the front,

rather than at the back like it is now. All interesting stuff, and i have a fascination with telescope optical design.

Good review here, with an interesting breakdown of the optics and how they were designed ↙️

http://scopeviews.co.uk/TakFS102.htm

trying to contact Harrison Telescopes  numerous times today ... must be away     so left an email 

They don`t have a suitable box to post at the moment .... the search goes on     ☹️

7 hours ago, Speed said:

They don`t have a suitable box to post at the moment .... the search goes on     ☹️

I think they're based up in Scotland somewhere aren't they ??

I would keep an eye on ENS Optical as well ; Steve gets quite a varied selection of gear (based near Birmingham)

https://ensoptical.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

HI   yes I think they are in Scotland    I also look regular at ENS    

Hi yes   good price but I really want the  FC100DZ   or maybe a DF at a push     thanks    

• 2 weeks later...