• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DDAS Meeting - The JWST Era - Friday 3rd November 2023

Magellan Boy

Our NEXT MAIN MEETING will be held on Friday, 3rd November 2023 from 7:30 pm onwards at The Friends Meeting House, St. Helens Street, Derby, DE1 3GY (next door to Radio Derby). We welcome Dr Emma Chapman from the School of Physics & Astronomy at the University of Nottingham to give us a talk entitled First Stars and Sensationalism: Early Universe Research in the James Webb Space Telescope Era. For further details please email the DDAS Secretary Brian Dodson.  Find our meeting location on Google Maps.

embed?resid=4F7B28D3F679F72A!117206&auth

www.derbyastronomy.org

• Like 1

I don't think i have anything planned, so all being well, i'll try and pop down.

Looks like a good talk.

Hi Dave, all our DDAS meetings are open to non-members, we charge a room fee of £3 for non members. If you come I'll see you there, I'll be doing the raffle - 20p a ticket or £1 for a strip of five 🙂 

2 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Hi Dave, all our DDAS meetings are open to non-members, we charge a room fee of £3 for non members. If you come I'll see you there, I'll be doing the raffle - 20p a ticket or £1 for a strip of five 🙂 

Well I'll definitely have to come then Dave! Look forward to seeing you there..

4 hours ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Is it open to none members Mike?

As Dave says, yes you would be very welcome. Being DDAS Treasurer, I'll be the one at the desk by the door just insiide the room. Just walk in to the building and we are down the corridor on the right. Look forward to meetiing you in person.

17 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I don't think i have anything planned, so all being well, i'll try and pop down.

Looks like a good talk.

Cheers Rob, hope to see you there.

1 hour ago, Ibbo said:

You may have a full house as I'm tempted as well.

You're certainly more than welcome Steve, the more the merrier 🙂 

I must say what a brilliant meeting that was, Emma Chapman was excellent and I could have listened to her for hours. It was great to meet @Derbyshire Dave and  @Ibbo for the first time and to put faces to the names, it was great to see Rob @Bino-viewer again. Hopefully next time you meetup at one of the dark sites I'll be able to sort some travel out and join you.

1 hour ago, Glafnazur said:

I must say what a brilliant meeting that was, Emma Chapman was excellent and I could have listened to her for hours. It was great to meet @Derbyshire Dave and  @Ibbo for the first time and to put faces to the names, it was great to see Rob @Bino-viewer again. Hopefully next time you meetup at one of the dark sites I'll be able to sort some travel out and join you.

Yes itwas a good talk and great to meet up and very nice to see you had a full house.

Thankyou for having us all 😀

It was a really good talk : Emma was excellent and like you say, i wish it could have lasted a bit longer.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Agreed too! Lovely to meet Dave and Mike (Magellan Boy). The talk was fantastic, probably the best Astro talk I’ve been to. Emma was full of life and full of knowledge, and presented the facts in a very accessible way.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Anyone ready to move over to radio astronomy.......................... 🙂 

Absolutely, as soon as Cath has finished tonights stir-fry, I'm commandeering the wok