• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ursa Craneus?

Magellan Boy

Wow, is the Seven Stars still going? A lot of a misspent youth spent in there! Is the Flowerpot still there, that was closer to the meeting venue.

3 hours ago, Clive said:

Wow, is the Seven Stars still going? A lot of a misspent youth spent in there! Is the Flowerpot still there, that was closer to the meeting venue.

The Flowerpot is still there Clive, I pass it going to the bus station after our meetings, it seems to do a good trade. I've not been in for many years but I was a regular visitor back in the 80s, The Silk Mill was my favourite haunt back then.

21 hours ago, Clive said:

The Seven Stars is indeed still going Clive, and we usually drop in after our meetings.

2 hours ago, Magellan Boy said:

The Seven Stars is indeed still going Clive, and we usually drop in after our meetings.

It's been 45+ years since I last frequented the estabishment, we always tried to sit in the small snug at the back with just a serving hatch but I guess that no longer exists.

17 minutes ago, Clive said:

It's been 45+ years since I last frequented the estabishment, we always tried to sit in the small snug at the back with just a serving hatch but I guess that no longer exists.

If you mean the small wood panelled room by the back entrance with its own access to the bar, then yes it's still there! We usually try to get that room, but it's often used for darts.