• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Good deal?

Guest MrsR

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• BAZ

• Craig

• Doc

Top Posters In This Topic

It's £440 at FLO so not really that big a deal - I'd sooner go to FLO where you get great after sales service and a no quibble guarantee. To me that's easily worth £4. :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi MrsR.

You don't list any scopes in your signature. This is a great scope but its a big un, and a big investment. Before buying such a large telescope I would go and see it at one of the bigger distributors, they will also have other stock as well. Have seen a 10" dob for £150 on asb&s too.

Cheers

Very nice, have you decided on the 200 or the 250?

As its only 3 weeks away, I'd order it now, what's 3 weeks in astronomical terms?

:)

The 250 and cannot pay order it now - waiting 3 weeks as hubby's share money comes through then but I've emailed FLO this morning to ask if I can reserve one on word!

Yes the FLO curse has got me but in the 2-3 years I've been active around different forums it is always the FLOname that has had rave reviews and I feel this is especially important for me as a beginner.

I'm sure you will be fine with FLO. Yes I have had a few issues with them, but every retailer has issues, granted my issues have put me off using them. A company called Greenwitch I find to be excellent, I get nearly all my stuff from them now, and they price match!

I have heard Greenwitch name quite a bit actually and always good.

Hmmmmmmmm who to buy from now I'm not sure. Will have to do some proper comparisons tonight when the kids are in bed and I can concentrate.

Big thumbs up for Greenwich, visited their shop in Bedfordshire and had a no pressure browse around.

They are run by proper astronomers one of them used to work at Greenwich Obsy.

Make sure you get them to price match as they aren't the cheapest.

Edited by andyboy1970

If you tell Greenwich you can get it from FLO for £445 I'm 100% certain they will price match, they have for all my stuff I have bought off them.

Yep Green Wich are very good and Neil was a deputy director of the Royal Observatory at Greenwich. Both he and Lee (Phd in Astro physics) really know their stuff and if you press them they will price match. They're also pretty generous with compensation if an order is delayed or service is poor - even when it's not their fault. Very honourable chaps they are :)