• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Good deal?

Guest MrsR

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• BAZ

• Craig

• Doc

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you say it's worth the drive then? What worries me buying second hand is that I don't really know what im looking at and to know whether its in decent nick or not

True, this is the risk you take. However most folks are reliable, he's on SGL, and he's been there a while.

I bought mine from a chap in Newbury, and at the time didn't really know what I was looking at,but it turned out OK.

With regard to 365, I think his name is Berne, and I have only heard good things about him.

I bought some Binos from them about 3 weeks ago and they were here in 2 days.

His name is Zoltan.....

Edited by andyboy1970

If there's a store close to where you live, buy from them (unless they have realy bad press) as most stores can negotiate on price in line with competitors. But the real value is you should be speaking face to face with somebody with knowlege about the equipment and with the equipment right there in front of you - I found this invaluable.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one, fingers crossed they have stock and it arrives in good time - just be prepeared though - a scope of that size = at least 3 weeks of wind, rain and cloud :)

Nikki, one more thing, if you need a hand with anything or any help etc, just drop me a pm, I`m only in Hucknall so Sutton is only 10 minutes away.

Regards,

Daz.

Awww thanks Daz that's really nice of you.

Will be ordering once kids are in bed and I can we myself think - will let you know once the deed is done.