• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi all

Guest paul j

Guest Ely Ellis

Hi Paul,

A warm welcome from me.

Nice setup you have there, not bad for starters! Haha.

Wish I could start with that. Would love to have a C8.

Just sort of messing around with astroimaging myself, but we have loads of folks on here that are well into it and can give excellent advice.

Martin

hi Martin I use to own a 10inch dob but it wasn't guided.then I bought a startravel 102 with equal5 equatorial goto mount.hardly used that before I wanted bigger so sold both scopes so I could put towards the c8.I would got the c11 but my mount not strong enough.the c8 keep me happy for good few years.I'm.not a wealthy person I'm skint now spent everything I had to get setup.my main goal is to get the c14 and I will have that within next 5 year's if I save.I've lot to learn so maybe I hoping bit much :-)

hi pat many thanks.yeah what summer we had I thought bugger it I'm gonna build astro shed.wish it was bigger but I'm adding a warm room on end after crimbo so be bit more comfortable during cold nights.such friendly people on here glad I found this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi paul

Just down the road from you . Small world

I,m heading in to town this evening to deliver 5 boxes of Skywatcher , Celestron and Maplin toys to a customer