• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Can't focus on anything!

Guest MrsR

Move it slowly Nikki - very slowly across it's whole range of travel - when you see a well descibed central circle of light getting smaller you are very close to the focus point, Only use the 25mm initially and change to the 10mm once you've found focus. It will need slight adjustment with eyepieces changes. :)

It's sorted, collimation!

Result - one happy Nikki! :)

Marvellous - another thing for you to buy now Nikki!

Daz the base is too stiff so apparently you are these for this

Hi.

Yeah the standard base is a PITA, have a look at this thread...........

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/762-lazy-susan-bearing-mod-for-dob-bases/

It is a full guide I wrote as to what I did to make my base turn better (with pictures.....:))

If you are still unsure or not happy with screwing things into your base, then let me know and I will come and install it for you.

The guide gives you a break down of everything you need, how much (prices may of gone up) and where to get it from, also how to install it.

Don't go and buy anything just yet, I may have some slide guides left over from when I did mine, no idea where they are so I will have a hunt around.

It makes a heck of a difference, and is a pleasure to use once you have done it. With it being sticky, it gets a bit frustrating over shooting and fetching it back, so what you want is in the eyepiece.