• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sir Patrick Moore RIP

Guest wisewoman

Yes I agree with everyone else a very sad day, its kind of like losing a member of your own family isn't it, I've been watching him since 1985 when I first got into astronomy, a great loss :(

Guest Astroplodder

GA All

Very sad news about the passing of Sir Patrick Moore today.

I never met him but, like many I suspect, his enthusiasm, knowledge and literary skills certainly gave me a sound grounding in Asronomy. This was especially true when I was a boy: born as I was in 1950, "popular" science writing wasn't very common and Patrick changed that imo.

I am sure we all owe a debt to him and Sky at Night - the programme hepresented fro 1957.

Genya

Guest Tweedledum

A sad loss to not only us astronomers but to all. His enthusiam, ability to have guests on s@n that would otherwise would not have come on the beeb, and knowledge will be sadly missed