• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Interweb Speeds

Perkil8r

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brantuk

• Perkil8r

• Craig

• red dwalf

Top Posters In This Topic

Which option? I don't see an option......

Kim, next to the "copy" button and slightly up and left, there are 2 options, URL and FORUM, click FORUM and then copy, then paste in here.

i`ll ring the buggers, i`ve been paying for 20mb broadband for ages, didn`t know they don`t do it anymore, they never tell you

2383205285.png

Crickey - what a frickin palava - technlogy has gone up the freakin wall. All these stupid buttons and hidden menus to click on is doin my head in lol :)

Bring back good ole ftp I say hahaha!

got there in the end Kim, i just had a link put in for the results and some kind sole must have changed it for me

>http://www.speedtest.net'>2383216940.png

Well waddya know - best result yet from Birmingham of all places - wonders never cease :)

Lol Rob - I'm useless with all this new fangled stuff - but yeah - got it in the end - thanks to Craig and Darren :)

Guest Ely Ellis

It is only costing me £3.25/month including calls.

For the last 5 month I haven't paid anything due to them giving me some credit for a charge that they had on the bill, which they said they couldn't take off until the next month, but then didn't charge me for it anyway... confused.... me too.

My neighbour is on BT, his connection is 4meg, but speed tests show about same as mine and he suffers from dropped lines.

The place I live is a fairly new street, about 6 years old so all copper / ducting etc should be in excellent conditon.

One other point, the new set of houses I live in is 4 doors down from the original street, they have CATV ducting and can get Virgin at 40meg, I have contacted Virgin many times but they refuse to acknowlege that my house exists as I do not appear on their drop down address list!

So sad!

Guest Ely Ellis

Stange that our little town doesn't have its own exchange, the nearest one is in Pinxton, which is a smaller town (village).

It's about 3km by wiggly road.

The most anoying thing is this about the CATV is less than 200ft (66m) from my door, but surely as I am on a new(ish) estate, there should be some for of ducting in place.

I just want to cry.

I can't even get my scope out :(

You'll have to find out when Virgin intend to plumb you in Martin - it can't be that big a job for them to rig up a connection.

Damn you all, id dream of 5mbps or more download, will post my result when on pc.

Everyone should post what they pay too ;)

We only pay for standard, usually about 2.8 down.

Ours was 1.8mb download, 0.2mb upload.

We're on 3's mifi (mobile wifi) and we bought 12gb of PAYG data for £41 from Amazon, this will last us about 6 to 9 months, and there's no line rental to pay either.  ;)

I've just got a 2.68mb download.  Not too bad for the price and the fact I can take it anywhere, including camping.   :P

We dream of speeds like that Martin

You were lucky! I used to have to get up at 6 in't morning half an hour before I'd gone to bed, eat handful of hot gravel for breakfast, work 23 hours a day down 't mine for tupence a week, and when we got home our dad would slice us in two wi' bread knife and dance on our graves singin' haleluha....

Sorry, python flashback :facepalm: