• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

It's arriving!

catman161

Very nice Kim :). I hope it works well for you on Friday, as apparently it's goin to be crystal clear skies Friday night.

Would you be free tonight/tomorrow night to help me/teach me how to collimate my scope?

Felix

Tonight's a bit dodgey Felix but tomorrow night would be fine - if it's clear I'll be setting up on the drive if you'd like to mosey on up :)

I know, BBC says it is going to be clear, Met office says it is going to be clear, I have everything imaginable crossed......

Tonight's a bit dodgey Felix but tomorrow night would be fine - if it's clear I'll be setting up on the drive if you'd like to mosey on up

That'd be great thanks Kim. Im gonna get the scope out in the back yard tonight and let it cool down as met office says clear skies over leicester by 9pm tonight, i wanna get cracking! I will give you a ring tomorrow evening before a head over.

Felix

Where are you thinking, Sawley or Belper?

if the weather is gonna be good, even though I am on call I may just have to pop down if it is the Sawley site, I need to be within an hour of work, and work is at Ruddington, so Sawley would be fab

Edited by Daz type-r

I would love to come up-will have to see how missus feels as she is only back at weekends and may not take kindly to me jetting off to stare at the sky the one day she is back!

I can only do Saturday night, we have my in laws 50th wedding anirversary on Friday night.

Is Baz and Kim up for this one i wonder.

Iam on call as well so Sawley for me if the weather looks like it 's good.

I would love to come up-will have to see how missus feels as she is only back at weekends and may not take kindly to me jetting off to stare at the sky the one day she is back!

Bring the Missus with you and say hi.

Bring the Missus with you and say hi.

Yeah I could do that,she has shown some interest in astronomy. Watch this space ;)

That's me out for the meet on Saturday :(. My best men (I have 2!) want to meet to discuss my stag do. They both work shifts and this is the first time they have both been off together. Oh expletive!!!

Guest wisewoman

I got my 200p just a few weeks ago its a great scope and I'm having loads of fun with it! :)

Apart from the obvious ones, make sure you check out the M37 in Auriga and the Owl Cluster in Casseopia. They look a treat in it!

Enjoy!

Melissa