• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

..a newbie Here!

Astrogirl

Would just like to say hello & quite excited to join this organisation. I hope to learn a lot more about astrology :) x

Whoah!!!! Faux pas alert I think you must have meant astronomy! Ha ha! Lol! ;)

Welcome to EMS ;)

You won't find much about astrology on here though :)

Edited by catman161

Oh my goodness, ..that is a serious faux pas! I did indeed mean astronomy, NOT astrology - not that keen on learning about the zodiac!! Haha ..oh dear. Thank you for the correction :)

Hello and welcome to EMS.

If you haven't already got it, download Stellarium, a free software program that lets you view and navigate the night sky, can be found here....

http://www.stellarium.org/

Loads of people use it.

Well I hope you enjoy the forum, any questions just ask away in the relevant section.

Good to have you on board.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, ..I have a good excuse as I've been reading up on lots of 'ologys to do with medical & surgical care, was a typing error not a subject one - honestly! :)

Guest Magnatone

Hi and welcome, I'm new to the forum too. Hope you enjoy, Saw the astrology boob, never mind all good for a laugh. Try and get to a Star Party

Tony

Hi Julia, a warm welcome to EMS.

Well you made me giggle, so I see a bright future for you here.  :D

Enjoy the forum.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, ..I have a good excuse as I've been reading up on lots of 'ologys to do with medical & surgical care, was a typing error not a subject one - honestly! :)

Hi Julia, are you a Med student/FY1/FY2/ST/consultant/allied health professional then?

And you are awarded with the title of... Best Introduction Ever! :lol::D

Welcome to EMS! :)

Ha ha, nice one Craig.

A post worthy of a title change on the 1st post, that has to be a new record?

A post worthy of a title change on the 1st post, that has to be a new record?

Might just well be! :D

Hi Julia and a warm welcome to EMS from me too. :)

Don't worry about the "typo" - it gave us all a giggle - and I'm just glad you actually meant astronomy (the astrologers we have to burn them at the stake lol).

Hope you enjoy the forum and we get to see you at a meeting soon :)

Thank you all so much again for the lovely welcome, ..even the sarcastic ones re: the typo - I'm actually blushing at how ridiculous the typo must have looked  :blush: but some of your comments did make me laugh :lol: . And Felix, I'm not a med student or doctor, ..I'm a nurse hence the 'ology thing.   I am really looking forward to maybe coming to a meeting but will go anonymously now just in case I get ripped publicly!! :facepalm: x 

Thank you all so much again for the lovely welcome, ..even the sarcastic ones re: the typo - I'm actually blushing at how ridiculous the typo must have looked  :blush: but some of your comments did make me laugh :lol: . And Felix, I'm not a med student or doctor, ..I'm a nurse hence the 'ology thing.   I am really looking forward to maybe coming to a meeting but will go anonymously now just in case I get ripped publicly!! :facepalm: x 

As if we would do such a thing..........

;)