• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dardano's dobson mount modified

Guest dardano

Guest dardano

They are, and they aren't good to look at, but they aren't $72 either.  :)

Maybe you could find something that could be made to fit, maybe from a caravan place, truck store and so on.

Just found these a minute ago on Homedepot.ca

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/plastic-leg-4-black-4pk/935445

17171.LEG4BK_4.jpg

10$ for 4 adjustable legs from 4'' to 5 1/4'' that can support up to 1000 pounds

I'll give a try.

Go to HomeDepot after worktime.

Will post pics later.

Fred

Edited by dardano

They are kitchen cupboard feet, the clip is for the facia board.

That's not a bad idea, as the 200P is a little on the low side, this might bring it up to a comfortable viewing height. They don't do cute, but who cares when it's dark.

Guest dardano

I won't keep the clips as I won't have any use for them. I also agree that they don't do cute, but as you said : who's cares when it's dark.

Also, I won't put the feet directectly to the base. I'd rather do a round wooden table as a stand to put the dobson on it.

Edited by dardano

Guest dardano

Here are few updates for the lighting.

Stuff

DSCN2062_zps041c164e.jpg

LED vs Hole

DSCN2066_zps868dfaa5.jpg

LED screwed in place. I drilled a 5/16 inch hole. It was tight enough to screw the LED in.

DSCN2067_zps61bb45dc.jpg

LED lit by a 9v battery

DSCN2069_zpsed229912.jpg

DSCN2071_zps35509048.jpg

Looks very neat and professional - I note it's on the focuser side and you may find you want to dim it a little when observing. Is there an on/off switch? :)

I love that you have put it straight through the middle of the Sky Watcher galaxy, nice touch.! :)

You are doing a nice job there Frederic.

Guest dardano

Looks very neat and professional - I note it's on the focuser side and you may find you want to dim it a little when observing. Is there an on/off switch? :)

Thanks Kim,

There will be an on/off switch. But I may put a dimmer switch instead. On the picutre, le light seems to be brighter than it really is and it's just hooked to a 9v battery. I won't use 12v power as it will be too bright. Maybe a 6v power will be sufficient.

I love that you have put it straight through the middle of the Sky Watcher galaxy, nice touch.! :)

You are doing a nice job there Frederic.

Thanks Martyn, putting the LED in the galaxy was the better place to put it.

Fred