• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First TV EP !

Guest dardano

I have the TV Powermate 2x and also the TV Ethos 13mm and cannot fault them in any way whatsoever-magnificent views and great build quality. Next purchase is the 21mm Ethos, gotta love the 100 degree FOV :)

Guest dardano

I guess trying is buying :)

I will definitively need to try an ethos EP.

about TV Powermate, should I consider 2" over 1.25" ?

Because on the TV website it says about ethos 13mm 2" & 1¼" barrel.

So I guess it's better to have a TV powermate with a 2" barrel.

Fred

The 24mm Pan is a great start - It's a lovely eyepiece :)

And yes - go for the 2" PM (which will also accommodate 1.25" ep's) because you will have the flexibility of larger barrel extensions.

Guest Meteoriot

I am looking at getting a TV EP myself. I just can't decide what's best for me and the more I read the more I'm unsure! I haven't had chance to try any and due to the high cost of these EPs I want the most versatile one there is. Any suggestions please? I have a 2x and a 3x Barlow that cost about £30 each by Ostara. I'm not sure if using these will reduce the quality of the view or not? I normally use a basic set of plossl lenses but I don't feel I'm getting the best of my nexstar8. I have mostly been using it for the moon a bit of planetary viewing but ill be moving on to deep sky soon I think.

Richard

You can't beat a TV Powermate in my opinion. I highly recommend the Ethos eyepiece range-crystal clear, crisp views all the way I the edge f the 100 degree FOV! Beautiful :)

Guest Meteoriot
You can't beat a TV Powermate in my opinion. I highly recommend the Ethos eyepiece range-crystal clear, crisp views all the way I the edge f the 100 degree FOV! Beautiful :)

Thank you. Wow i think they are a bit beyond my price range. What are the Tv Nagler like?