• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New versions of Windows

glider

If anybody makes it down to Ruddington, Experian (where I work) has a data centre down there and the front of the building looks like a giant punch card. Ahhhh, punch cards, before my time I'm happy to say.

Guest Tweedledum

Punched cards - now you are talking real technology. As with Kim proper magnetic core on the old ICL 1900 series, with a huge piece of paper to mark the lights that were left on when it crashed.

This is starting to sound like the four yorkshire men sketch.

I started on a ZX spectrum, commodore 64, 386 laptop running windows 3.1, a succession of desktops with increasingly crap versions of windows. Got a macbook pro last year.

And relax!!!!!

And from PCs to pocket calculators. My first one after my abacus was a small Sinclair one that had reverse polish notation similar to an HP. I never got on with it so binned it in favour of a Casio FX39 which didn't fit in my pocket lol

Did my HND final year project on punched cards. Character terminals didn't come till the end of my degree. But we had Casio calculators by then - just didn't need 'em any more cos of computers lol :)