• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

LRGB data, Jupiter 13/11

oldfruit

Woke up early this morning (2.30AM) as I had seen that the GRS would be visible and also a couple of shadow transits, though I only caught one.

These are LRGB images and I have posted like this as I have yet to have time to figure out how to combine them to get a colour image. Ibbo has kindly offered to assist with this but work and family always seem to take up my time at the moment. I do hope I will get the chance to have that conversation as I prefer colour images. :)

The moon visible in the images is Europa and its shadow can clearly be seen on the disc of Jupiter.

I have somehow managed to slightly rotate the camera during capture of the luminance image (silly me).

As usual, images taken with 8 inch Helios newt, ASI 120MM camera, Televue 2 x Barlow with extension.

jupl3_g3_b3_ap106_zps3a9752aa.jpgjup33_g3_b3_ap98_zps77c7a9c0.jpgjupr3_g3_b3_ap100_zps6229b5ab.jpgjupg3_g3_b3_ap96_zpsd8aeb247.jpg

From the top, luminance, blue, red, green.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by oldfruit

You can combine them in Registax if I remember rightly, Ive done it with DSOs. You have to label each channel with *_L,* _R,* _, *_G, *_B so it knows then do a combine. Its ages since I did it but it seemed to work OK

You can combine them in Registax if I remember rightly, Ive done it with DSOs. You have to label each channel with *_L,* _R,* _, *_G, *_B so it knows then do a combine. Its ages since I did it but it seemed to work OK

Tried that Phil, struggling to be honest and having to keep leaving it to see to work or kids is not helping. :blink: Ibbo also suggested photo shop but struggled with that too! :facepalm:

Come on Mark, you keep teasing us, about time you got them combined  :D

:D I need a colour camera!! :lol:

jup_B_zpsc997a120.jpgOk I`m struggling with it now, have tried registax 5 and 6 and I am getting an image but there are coloured line vertically all the way across the image??

This is the best I have managed with Registax 6 with RGB. Not great but getting somewhere.. :P

jup_B_zps30f7019a.jpg

Thank you to all that have pointed me in the right direction, clearly a way to go yet with the processing but the image is colour!!!

Thanks to all for all advice and pointing me in the right direction. This imaging lark is a bit difficult sometimes but on this forum you are never more than a PM or post away from help.

Cheers guys and gals.

Glad it worked Mark, I seem to remember getting peculiar results initially when combining in registax but got there eventually

How long/frame rate did you give each sub, im intereste as I hope to give colour a go with my imgoh cam. I know you have to keep everything to within 3 minutes to avoid rotation blurr but it seems to me to be an awful lot to do in 3 minutes

Thanks Phil, I had read that it could be done but it was not until you pointed out about renaming the files that I realised my mistake so thanks for that. :thumbsup: