• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Children of the 70s and 80s?

dawson

Mono plasma screen too. I haven't see one of those for a long time!

was a very pretty all over orange colour  :facepalm:

If I remember Toshiba did one exactly the same ,only grey, but had the Orange Plasma screen - didn't help your eye's much I seem to remember people getting headaches working with these monsters. Still a lot lighter than the 20+ inch CAD screens some places head.

I moved onto the Amstrad 646 with it's own green moniter and built in tape deck, used to load a tape then have my tea and watch a bit of telly then hopefully the program was loaded ready to use (sometimes!) happy days.

Also had one of the first Tri-ang electric train sets, Princess Elizebeth and and oval of trck!!  :clap:

ZX81 for me, where it all started to go wrong :geek::girlywub:

Likewise with the ZX81 and luckily for me it put me off I.T. hence why if stuff goes wrong now I turn it off and on again, swear at it repeatedly until it works, if still no joy I buy a new one.

I moved onto the Amstrad 646 with it's own green moniter and built in tape deck, used to load a tape then have my tea and watch a bit of telly then hopefully the program was loaded ready to use (sometimes!) happy days.

Also had one of the first Tri-ang electric train sets, Princess Elizebeth and and oval of trck!!  :clap:

I had electric train set to with oval track. Steam engine and carriages

Had a little controller to vary the speed :D

I've still got the Duchess of Athol Hornby Bubblo (3 rails) made of tin and stuff in the loft with a humungous speed controller that weighs more than I did when I had it I think. Mines posh though, it's got points and allsorts :D I assume it still works, not tried it in about 20 years or more. It was my Grandads and I got it when he passed away in 1983. My first though was a clockwork one with a simple circle of track and a couple of wagons. Ooooooh how times have changed.

Lego, Mecano, Stickle Bricks and fuzzy felt, what ever happened to good old toys like those?........

I knew Sheila was a closet bloke lol :lol:

If anyone fancies a race night - I can fill the scout hut with 4 lanes of Scalextric track - the original stuff - including turnouts, pit stops, crossovers, chicanes, etc. Been collecting it since I was 16yrs old. Trouble is it takes a week or two to put together lol :)

Same as what happened to Space Patrol (had a lovely gyroscope for a spacecraft - you could see the string!) ,Super car,Fireball Xl5,Sting Ray ,Lost in Space (orig series)  and  CGI TV series Captain Power - Time

Plus the reason I love Astro/Space - The cult film Forbidden Planet - IMO better than Star Wars saga without the CGI - robot also appeared in Tobor (robot backwards!)  + H.G Wells War of the Worlds - radio version by Orson Welles - didn't hear it live but the stir it caused in USA  :D

I am a sad person  :facepalm:

I knew Sheila was a closet bloke lol :lol:

If anyone fancies a race night - I can fill the scout hut with 4 lanes of Scalextric track - the original stuff - including turnouts, pit stops, crossovers, chicanes, etc. Been collecting it since I was 16yrs old. Trouble is it takes a week or two to put together lol :)

and i had meccano too... :(  there was no hope for me I guess :lol:

Edited by Sheila

Guest Tweedledum

Oh lord!!

Brings me back to editing paper tape & punched cards. Also for my sins used to work for Imagine software. Those of you with speccy's, zx81, Dragon, BBC b, C64, b, atari,vic20 & electron may remember the games.....