• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

We are expecting again :)

Sheila

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheila

• Graham

• Ibbo

• stash

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope one of them flies over this way and starts a brood in our new nesting box lol. :)

• 5 weeks later...

We have another resident. Looks young and seems a bit late but we will seenagy8aqy.jpgjedyvu2y.jpg

Blimey you're so lucky - they must be queuing up to get in that house - is it council owned? lol

We had a family of 6 or 7 bluetits descend on our feeders on Monday morning - amazing seeing so much blue in the trees. They don't half  make a racket though. :)

Nice pictures Sheila, fascinating stuff. We had 2 bird boxes for years nailed high up in a tree we had but not a sniff, the things eventually rotted and fell off.

This little chap has been coming into our back garden eating the daisy's and grass since it's eye's opened - now twice the size.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aHac2P5RgVQ3hFZ094RmpGd1E/edit?usp=sharing

unfortunately its brothers and sisters don't come any more - the local Buzzard/Fox/Weasle etc have to eat too.

Sorry I keep seeing carrots and mushrooms with this picture  :evil:  - only joking unless he eats my veg - then its "run rabbit run rabbit etc"

Plus he/she hasn't got myxomatosis yet.

Sorry about the pic its my phone and triple glazing

• 3 weeks later...

yup first lot were 8, think there are 4 here, one egg did not hatch but not bad for second set :)

sheila

Blimey Sheila have you started a breeding program over there :lol:

now thats a personal question :rofl:  no i think it is the residence that attracts them... its safe from cats and stuff :)

That's great stuff Sheila, they are really working hard this year. I haven't seen that many young Starlings about this year, we normally have a garden full. We have had Long tailed tits and a family of Jays pass through though, they can't be missed they sound like strangled parrots.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you are sure that they aren't a 'rabbit variant' of 'Tit'. Only seemed like yesterday the last lot went. :lol: