• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M101 2/5/14

RonC

Thanks James, I will try and get some more data as soon as the weather allows!!

Cheers

Ron

i`ve got a book on using adobe photoshop and it talks about how different images can be when using different computers or screens, it is all down to colour spacing, a well calibrated laptop using the correct colour spacing will have more of the colour pallet to use and it surgests you work in adobe RBG 1998 colour spacing, or at least srgb on your moitor, to adjust the colour spacing in photoshop open the program , click edit, and then colour settings, choose adobe RGB 1998, then check your monitor colour management for either the same or at least srgb.

Ron, I think there is more data to pull out of that re-worked RGB-aligned image; screen shots of what I have done in CS2 (very exaggerated to show what is there), and a comparison again of yours and my over worked version:

Ron-RGB-Curves_zps50aadd37.jpg

Ron-RGB-Curves9comparision_zps585b2379.j

JD

Agreed James, but more data data data will help! Will check that out in PS Rob, thanks  :)