• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DDAS BBQ this Saturday 5th July

Magellan Boy

DDASBBQThumb.jpg

The DDAS BARBECUE will be held this Saturday, 5th July 2014 from 7:30 pm onwards at the Society's Flamsteed Observatory. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS INSTEAD OF A MEETING AT THE FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE IN DERBY THE DAY BEFORE. Admittance is free and the barbecue itself is provided but please bring your own food and drink. So bring a burger or a sausage and we'll se what we can do with it! If the skies are clear there may be an opportunity to do some observing later. New people are always welcome and you can even bring your own scope! If you would like more details please email Mike Lancaster . WE ASK THAT WHEN ENTERING THE SITE THAT DRIVERS TURN IMMEDIATELY LEFT AND DRIVE THROUGH THE SECOND GATE AND THEN TURN IMMEDIATELY RIGHT AGAIN TO USE WHAT IS OUR 'OFFICIAL' CAR PARK - RATHER THAN PARKING IN THE FIELD STRAIGHT OFF THE LANE.

http://www.derbyastronomy.org/

Guest northernstar

I would love to attend, but unfortunately, I am having my own "family"  BBQ the same day.  Is this just an annual event or are there likely to be any others this year?

Hi Mike,

No worries! Yeah, its an annual event...

Cheers

Mike

Guest northernstar

Might try and make it anyway if possible. Can someone please provide directions with post code for my Satnav. Thanks

Hi Mike,

I've emailed you directions.

Cheers

Mike