• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Obsy build ..time to make a move

Brady

Great video Wayne. A really professional looking job, you must be very proud of your workmanship. :2thumbsup:

Absolutely brilliant wayne. On such a good budget too! I think I spent about £600 in total on my roll off shed! I did double skin it though with marine grade ply and then shiplap and OSB for the ceiling and floor. Some of the most expensive parts on my build were the convex rails and the concave wheels of the right weight tolerance. I have to admit I am a tad jealous now looking at your build. I never would have got a pass from the other half for a full obsy with warm room though. Really inspiring for all amateur astro peeps to see what can be done on a budget with skill and patience and hard work. Thanks for sharing this with us all :) 

Thanks for the praise all, ive really enjoyed doing this build, learnt a lot through the months like measure twice cut once...you would of thought i would of picked that up a while back being a plater :facepalm:.. there are things im still looking forward to, simple things like drift aligning and stuff, things i didnt bother with because of breaking down at the end of the night but most of all the simple fact of turning the heats on, rolling off the roof and gaze away....now thats why i did this :)

Total budget from start to finish including all fixtures was £1300, it came in at £973..dont take me up on that im sure there is something ive missed but looking at the paperwork its not far out...that leaves me a couple of quid for the ED80 ive always had my eye on although i think the bank card has been lost....so swmbo says anyhow...i think she has claimed that for the heartache,plants and the severe atrocious language she has no doubt heard over the past months, Felix im still looking to insulate the warm room, im not sure i need to yet as it stays surprisingly warm in there but if i do the cost will go up to accommodate this..and Stephen i will put the final video up here with the roof as soon as it calms down...well its been a pleasure guys and thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

All drivers for the mount and cameras are in, eqmod and phd2 are on standby...a clear night is all thats needed..

Wayne

Edited by Brady
  • Like 2

I didn't bother insulating my warm room, I have a little panel heater in there and it soon warms up, and that's always on low, just getting out if the cold and wind is great improvement.  

I've enjoyed watching your progress Wayne & the video was great.

Well done with your obsy build. It looks great. :good2:

Hopefully some clear skys and nice images to follow....

Great video and great build.

You've achieved something that a lot of us only dream of - nice work!

Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Clear skies!