• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rob`s Obsy build

red dwalf

Well it should come as no surprise that I had no idea what it means either - but fortunately my bird's from Nottingham and she was able to furnish an explanation :lol:

I am originally from Gedling in Nottingham and I have no idea what "thingy and tails" means must be the posh lot s/w of Nottingham.

I know what a Twitchel is though  ;)

Twitchel = alley

Use to confuse people no end saying "go down the end of the Priory Rd and then go down the Twitche and Gedling main Rdl - used to get some funny looks and people coming back saying couldn't find the road/street called "Twitchel".

So what is thing and tails ????????? :headbang: - ok its curtains and Pelmets ! 

Try asking someone(Ice Cream Sales person) from down the smoke for a "sucker" and don't start the argument about Cobs,Rolls and Baps - even round East Midlands

Edited by stash

Twitchel = alley

Use to confuse people no end saying "go down the end of the Priory Rd and then go down the Twitche and Gedling main Rdl - used to get some funny looks and people coming back saying couldn't find the road/street called "Twitchel".

So what is thing and tails ????????? :headbang:

Try asking someone(Ice Cream Sales person) from down the smoke for a "sucker" and don't start the argument about Cobs,Rolls and Baps - even round East Midlands

Ah you mean a Ginnel or Snicket

Now I understand

Ade

Ah you mean a Ginnel or Snicket

Now I understand

Ade

yep

Thing and Tail = Boy and Girlfriend?

Ade

I think (swags and tails) its terms for Curtains and Pelmets apparently - not really my thing or just bad education  :)

or Aussie humor - whatever that is 

Swags and Tails

If ever I have an obsy might be worth considering  :)  :)  :)  :)

Ade

PS: Look up thing and tail  :)

fringed-swags-and-tails.jpg

• 1 month later...

been out doing alittle more over the last few weeks while the weather has been nice and have do alittle more to the obsy build, especially the roof.

firstly new wheels fitted to the roof, i was going to totally re due the roof but life is to short, it does work ok and the new wheels make it roll very well, the wheels are 2" poly something or other rather than the cheaper plastic wheels that just brake up over time.

obsy-wheels_zpsa74708b2.jpg

runners for the wheels have been attached to the top of the walls, these where the original ali runners but the new wheels are thicker so i`ve turned then over and now they act as guides for the new wheels.

obsy-runners_zps7d9f8078.jpg

guttering and downpipe have been fixed.

obsy-guttering_zps379c3bf6.jpg

new shelving gone up at he back of the warm room and a set of draws at he bottom.

obsy-shelfs_zps625ef92e.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Alienfox

Looks excellent Rob, I do have a question, I see that you don't have any insulation in the Obs, is there a reason for this, or am I just being really stupid and missing something?

• 3 months later...

well i can`t believe that my Observatory has been up for 3 years now, time does fly, anyway i thought i would give the old gal a lick of paint today and a few update pictures showing the warm room and equipment, the warm room is lovely, a bit small but as i`m the only one in there 99% of the time it`s perfect for me.

i`ve been given 20 meters of armoured cable today so will be running a permanent electricity supply into it very soon.  

21552998373_157dc5b61d_b.jpg

21986261268_1b6d626217_b.jpg

21987187119_e4921d6915_b.jpg

21551277934_6a347387af_b.jpg

• Like 1

Looking very tidy Rob [emoji4] I remember when you first out up this build thread. Great to see it being put to good use. Keep the images coming. I do like to admire you DSO imagers works. I'll stick to planetary though ;)

Edited by catman161