• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS needs you! SGL2014

Perkil8r

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• RonC

• T A WOW

• Brantuk

Here's the plan:

Set up will start at 3pm when the scout building will be opened for us. I will be there earlier hopefully to start getting the CC sorted.

A slight amendment to the layout will be that the imaging rigs will be in the CC along with the Imaging slideshow and Planetarium software demonstration. This should allow a bit more space in the Scout building for the scopes which would have been outside. It will also keep a theme running through too.

We need to park as tight as possible as space will be very limited. I suggest we unload then park up closer.

It is very unlikely the weather will clear enough for any observing so we will at least be warmer :D

I have a Physics teacher from the school coming to help with the experiments and I have a couple more hands on activities for the younger visitors to get involved with. Steve is going to bring his solar scope and give a commentary on his slideshow as and when anybody shows an interest.

On sat morning Kim will be on BBC Radio Leicester, they had rung me but I was not brave enough to do it so passed the opportunity to Kim whom I am sure will do us all proud. Break a leg Kim :thumbsup: it should be on air around 9:40am if anybody would like to tune in.

Fingers crossed it all goes well, there's not much more we can do now.

Any questions please speak up. Thanks to all who have offered help. The main list of stuff is on page 4 with the changes of imaging set up location and the outside folks will now mostly be in the Scout building. James will also be in the CC with the other imaging rigs, set up to show how little kit is needed to take some stunning star trail shots.

Anybody who has had a change of circumstances please let me know ASAP as there are more willing to attend if you can't, but I will need time to contact them to arrange this.

Does sound good. Is CC the hut we use at night? Are the lights going to be off in one part for the stellarium show, but on in another so people can see the kit? I've printed out various star trails to pun (or blue tac) to the walls around me.

James

CC means Cricket Club James - generally refers to WW in general or to the pavillion. Don't confuse it with Belper which also has a CC lol :lol:

I cant get there until 17:15 ish, can somebody save me a space please (both in the scout hut and car park).

:)

Hi Mike, I'm free tomorrow if there is anything you want me to bring or is needed??

Will be there for 3pm to helpset up etc if needed?

Cheers

Ron

That'd be great please Ron, I'm sure there will be something for you to do :) Extra bodies will be useful I think! No need to bring anything, we have more scopes than people, just bring booze, I think I'm going to need it :lol:

I think the booze is just for mike Ron :)

:thumbsup:

although our VIP might like a drop too......

1486594_10152134671333917_739068646_n.jp

Currently residing at Mike towers :D if I lose him I will not be going back to work on Monday :blink: that said I think I have more of work at home than at the school this weekend!

Guest pvcprinting

Put us down for general millers.........

All being well and as long as its dry hospital are allowing Chloe out for an hour or so........

Hope to see you all there....Chloe is looking forward to Marshmellow Spacemen

Put us down for general millers.........

All being well and as long as its dry hospital are allowing Chloe out for an hour or so........

Hope to see you all there....Chloe is looking forward to Marshmellow Spacemen

Hope to see you there Pete, just take it easy though ;) you have a PM by the way :)

it is but that is further on I think, the previous leak has now been fixed so the bit just off the M1 is back to normal.

Guest fondofchips

There is still a slim chance of a break in the cloud between 6pm & 9pm, so having some binoculars handy would be good.

We have 2 pairs, already in the car so we can't forget them!

Will also bring our scope as planned, see you later.

Cheers,

Harry & Wally.

A superb job by Kim and Di on Radio Leicester.

Top job there.

You have a real smooth radio voice Kim! :)

Can you get this on listen again? Im at work so I couldn't listen to it live.