• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS needs you! SGL2014

Perkil8r

Apologies, but due to family bereavement yesterday, I won't be able to make Wymeswold, have a good un

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• RonC

• T A WOW

• Brantuk

Listened this morning managed to record from where Kim was talking about stars and looking back in time great broadcast too

Guest Wraith01mg

Sorry I'm late to the party, put me I'm the field if its not raining and you'll have me of course. Been out for a while so looking forward to meeting you all again.

I'll be there with the good lady at around 5\6 with any luck. :-)

Edited by Wraith01mg

Have a good time folks and recruit loads of members :)

I'd probably have come along but can't due to lack of transport and that I've got a nasty bug that I wouldn't want to pass on.

It was indeed a great night, I estimate between 300 and 400 people turned up.

So many people to thank but firstly a really big thanks to Mike for all the effort in sorting this out, you done a magnificent job. Thanks to Kim and Di for the radio interview and a big thanks to every member who helped out, without you it wouldn't have been such a success.

Hopefully we will get a few more members because of this but the most important thing is the folks of Wymeswold had a great night and know about us.

Thanks everyone.

Great night and very sucessful! Thanks Mike for all your hard work and to every member who turned up, it was good to meet up and meet new faces!

Really enjoyed it!

Cheers

Ron

Yes, a massively successful evening and I was really proud to have played a little part in it.

Mike did an amazing job at organising the event in advance and making it all run smoothly tonight; a truly great evening, you should be really proud.

Great work to everyone else to helped. It was so rewarding to be greeted by so much interest, so many questions, and so much enthusiasm to get out there and learn more, to see more and to have a go at star trails. It re-energised my interest too.

:)

JD

Couldn't agree more - Many thanks to Mike who did an absolutely sterling job coordinating this event. He put a lot of time and energy into it and has achieved a fantastic successful evening for both EMS and the folks of Wymeswold (and those from further afield).

And as Mick said - all the members who attended did their own little bit towards it from putting on slide shows, to demonstrating equipment, and from talking to the public, to conducting astro experiments. Whatever small part was played by individuals, it all came together to form a truly fabulous whole evening.

I came away buzzing and feeling extremely pleased it all went so well. So a big thanks and well done to everyone who played a part. :)

I can only echo the above. A huge big thanks to Mike, who did a superb job sorting it all out. Also to everyone who did their bit to pass on the passion of astronomy to the members of the public, who turned out on what wasn't the nicest of evenings.

A big thanks to Mikes two work colleagues who turned out to help us, their demo's really kept the kids happy. (and Mike scoffing jelly babies!)

A cracking evening without a doubt, I really enjoyed it.

I'd just like to thank everybody who helped out and to all those who attended too!

Big thanks to Pvcprinting (peter) for sorting us out with the badges, they were spot on :thumbsup:

Thanks too, to Nikki (one of my Physics teachers from work) for lending a hand and conning her Chemistry teacher friend into helping out too! (she's not even from our school :lol: )

Massive thanks to Nick the Wymeswold councilor and Peter and Carol of the Wolds First Scout troop for letting us use the Scout building. I had my doubts we'd need both buildings, but having seen the queues as 400 or so people tried to get in, well, let's just say I'm glad we did!

We need a bigger venue next time.... Not only for the crowds, but also there's no certainty what size kit Kim and Sheila will have on show :)

Yep fantastic evening. Had a great time speaking to members of the public and all the regular EMS members. Big thanks to mike and to everybody. Great time had by all I think! :)

It was a top evening and a big thanks to all involved.  Watching the crowds and there interest was just great and I also learnt a lot too.  

Now remember Felix, there was something you had to do.  What was it? :)

Now remember Felix, there was something you had to do. What was it? :)

I'm on it Doug!! Also you couldn't PM me your address again could you? I had a clear out I the inbox recently and may have deleted it :o

Sounds like it was a fantastic evening, sorry I wasn't able to come. Well done to everyone involved, it sounds like its been a huge success. Perhaps next year...

Alan