• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

KELLING AUTUMN 2012 Please read

Doc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brantuk

• Doc

• red dwalf

• Celeste

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Folks - the list has changed once more but I think this will be the final version. Unfortunately Mike (Demonbarber on SGL) can't make it and he's offering the pitch to another SGL'er called Rob (robieince). So if he goes ahead and buys it (which I've every reason to believe he will) then that will be who's on 238.

Perhaps some of you might already know Rob and I've been chatting with him and he seems a nice chap who's very keen - so do make him feel welcome in true EMS style as I'm sure you will. So the final list looks more like this:

240 - Steve

239 - Kh3ldar & Eddy

238 - Robieince

237 - Cgolder

229 - PhilJ

228 - David Pugh

227 - Glider

226 - Ron

225 - Baz Senior

224 - Rusty Strings

223 - Sheila

222 - geeznova

218 - Celeste

• 2 weeks later...

Well we arrived on Sat - just got the pitch set up finished this morning lol - so far had two nights of glorious dark skies despite the light pollution from the great unwashed surrounding us - looking forward to getting the scopes out but it won't be tonight - rain and thunder forecast unfortunately - but clearing up towards mid-week - the skies are stunning chaps - could see the milky way clear as a bell and the morning sky with Jupiter, Venus, Cresent Moon, Pliedes, and Orion all up at once is awesome. Everything stands out like a sore thumb lol.

Will do a report when we get our first obs session in - see you all on Thursday. :)

Sorry you couldn't make it Colin. I only just scraped it with EMS1 as well, I have no days left this year, and ten gone already for next year. That is Kelling, booked and paid for already.

How's the family, I'll bet the girls have shot up since we last met.

Well, after a uneventfull steady pedal over here, we arrived yesterday, blagged a brew off Di & Kim, and set up camp.

After a meal we had a walk round over the red field, the sky wasn't too bad with high cloud floating over. I spent time with an obliging chap called Clive with a nice 17.5 inch dob.

Today we will spend time setting up the scope and getting a bit more organised, it's a bit sparse over on blue field at the momnent, so we are looking forward to a few more arriving.

WiFi is limited to the bar, which is a dreadful blow! See Ya soon.

yep i should be there sometime about then, traffic willing. ive made a list of stuff and am checking thevstuff off as i pack but i bet there will be something i forget

Scope stuff and camping things packed, We'll hoping to be there by lunch time.

Get the kettle on Baz.

Just to let you know I've sold our pitch to Jabberwocky AKA Rob from SGL, he's looking forward to it

:) Shame we can't make it (for the 3rd year :( ) But Chloe comes first i'm afraid.

Car loaded (just) and knackered! That estate looked so much bigger when i bought it ..... Convinced I've forgotten loads but im really past caring now!

ETA 4pm latest roughly, depends when I get out of work!

packing some stuff in the car tonight, the rest in the morning then setting off after work, hopefully 12 ish so should be there for 3 ish easy, hope the A17 isn't full of 43mph artics!! (do my head in!). Looking forward to getting there!! :)

Edited by Ron Clarke

Hi Guys

Hope your all having a great time over there at Kelling the sky has been great the last couple of nights here so hopefully you are having them as well if nt better.. Just wish I was there first time I will have missed in the last 3 and already missing it. I ought to have teamed up with one of you who could have drove my car But never mind to late now So will look to the next years all being well ..

Andy

You were missed mate. We had 3 out of 3 clear nights eventually although saturday's seeing wasn't as good.

An absolutely bosting time with 3 clear nights, loads of objects bagged and the drive back was almost 2 hours shorter than the drive there, no roadworks to divert round. A memorable event again

Brilliant weekend! Clear skies, far too much alcohol, lovely BBQ and great friends. What more could we of asked for?

Well a table fire would of been nice Martyn, you broke tradition! ;)

Great weekend and I even gave Martyn a table to set on fire as I wanted to watch, but it came back unburnt.

Loved every minute, even the complete lack of sleep.

Awesome

Sheila