• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

Looks like there are two fields that could be used for camping so still not sure which one it is. I do have a small tent but don't think it would fit me the NEQ6 and the Quattro :-) was hoping to pack something bigger than the grab and go Az4+ED80 which is why the camper seemed a good idea as it would also supply my power needs from the leisure battery but being out of the main action would be no fun :( the camper is Ducatto based and too heavy for a grass stand :(

Edited by Teslar

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

Yup - just key the address into google maps satellite view and you should be able to see the pitches, the caravans, and the lake dead easy. I doubt anyone will be more than a 2-3mins walk away from each other - Kelling is much bigger and it's only 4-5mins walk from one end to the other. :)

Yup - just key the address into google maps satellite view and you should be able to see the pitches, the caravans, and the lake dead easy. I doubt anyone will be more than a 2-3mins walk away from each other - Kelling is much bigger and it's only 4-5mins walk from one end to the other. :)

Wow Kim you must walk pretty quick ;)

Lol Mick - I can stroll from top end of Red and be at Blue EMS pitches in under 5 mins easy - but then I do take the shortcuts :)

Toilet block not far away. I will black the windows out on the first afternoon, lake is only small so as there is normally a bit of a breeze being so close to the beach I'm not expecting a dew issue, having said that it is the first camp and I will be mid oct !

noticed your advert in this months sky at night mag Dave regarding the gibraltar point meet, was it on the 15th ?

hope it's a good turn out

Such a shame Nigel but you really had no choice - business comes first mate it's your living - there's allways other events that take place even during the week :)

Yes got the message from paul thanks for letting me know Nigel :) So its a astro boot then guys....

Booked for Friday & Saturday nights, might stay on Sunday night too if it looks like it will be clear as I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday.

How many folks are going?

Sorry I have not been on top of this, been a little poorly the past few weeks, anyway after kelling I will give it another push...

looking forward to this one.

Cant help with stickers Dave but Ive got a box of 20 badges (like in the photo) that I can tweak for EMS1 if you want to send me a list of everyone attending?

Cant help with stickers Dave but Ive got a box of 20 badges (like in the photo) that I can tweak for EMS1 if you want to send me a list of everyone attending?

They look great. I have started a list of names, how much notice do you need ? the would make a great little souvenir.

I am also working on the stickers.

You could put out a post asking people if they want one ? im happy and have started a list but if it speeds things up??

David

• 2 weeks later...

If this was based in a nice warm hotel, or I could hire a caravan, I'd be there. The thought of being cold and having to sleep on the floor doesn't appeal - I'm really not into roughing it.

I hope you have a great time.

James

you can be nice and cosy in tents now days, i have a lovely little heater so don`t wake up in the middle of the night shivering anymore and a nice blow up matteress, 2 bags and a blanket