• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

5 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

Hi Pete, have you ordered it? I have this already in paperback and you can borrow it for as long as you want... I know your library is cluttered too ?

Hey! I thought my library was quite neat and tidy :P if a little overloaded at at the moment. :)

Thanks very much Steve, you've just saved me £16 :thumbsup:

I ordered it this morning from Amazon, but have just cancelled the order on seeing your post. :)

As you know, I have previously built a three metre domed obsy, so I'm not a complete virgin at this, but just wanted to brush up and check out any new ideas and techniques. So borrowing yours will be ideal for me to skim through, make a few notes and give it back. Cheers :cheers:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, catman161 said:

Makes sense Pete with your fantastic setups :)

Nothing fantastic about my setups, just that it is all big, even the eyepieces :D

And have you seen the size of ES eyepiece boxes? :lol:

A 250mm F18 Planeta - now that is fantastic :thumbsup:

Edited by Tweedledee

Seeing that SmithySteve has saved me some money today, I just pre-ordered the 8x42 Space Walker 3D Binoculars :good2:

I'm really intrigued to see what all the fuss is about with this 3D viewing.

If they are rubbish they'll be going cheap in the For Sale section, if not, some of my other bins might be in there ;)

Guest Si2504

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my QHY polemaster..... Had a confirmation email to say it has been despatched so all i need now is a good night to try it out with. Hopefully it will give me much better results and reduce setup time, as time can be of the essence when your scope isn't permanently setup.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my QHY polemaster..... Had a confirmation email to say it has been despatched so all i need now is a good night to try it out with. Hopefully it will give me much better results and reduce setup time, as time can be of the essence when your scope isn't permanently setup.

Received mine a couple of weeks ago and it has dramatically improved my PA time. Such a simple premise. Now my targets (Planets) when imaging stay in the same spot for much longer. Takes me probably 5 mins to PA now and no getting on my knees at all [emoji4]

Guest Si2504
1 hour ago, catman161 said:

Received mine a couple of weeks ago and it has dramatically improved my PA time. Such a simple premise. Now my targets (Planets) when imaging stay in the same spot for much longer. Takes me probably 5 mins to PA now and no getting on my knees at all emoji4.png

Do you find you get better guiding results also? What sort of arc accuracy are you getting with it?

I'm a planetary imager using a 250mm truss-Cassegrain scope with a FL of 4500mm. I don't use guiding I'm afraid. Reports I have seen report an accuracy of 30 arc seconds.

Four and a half meters - wow!! - didn't realise it was that long a focal length Felix - verrrry nice :)

Four and a half meters - wow!! - didn't realise it was that long a focal length Felix - verrrry nice [emoji4]

Yep F18 native FL Kim :)

8 minutes ago, catman161 said:

One heck of a scope folded down into a relatively small package :2thumbsup:

Are you thinking of a focuser upgrade Felix? :D:D:nonono:

Already has a starlight instruments Feathertouch duel speed focuser Pete. After the fiasco of removing the original feathertouch and replacing it with a moonlite only for it to be incompatible and me mess with the mirror spacing and then buy back the original focuser I am never touching the focuser again! :)

4 hours ago, catman161 said: Been meaning to get this for a while now.....

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160317%2F6e7602a77fb50e7d6da124925b6c5333.jpg&key=0f78140814089f57c65ed224d43b605b42e30321a0131bc8a8a672f6f9e5e895

Where is this available from?

It would be wise to purchase part 1 DVD first as part 2 builds on the things covered in part 1. Both available from widescreen centre £27.99 delivered-great instructional DVDs from the best planetary imager out there.

Got enough energy to get to the NEC photoshow today, made a bee line straight for Nikon stand and spent ages pawing over this then made the decision cos the show offers were too tempting. Needless to say Fliss wasn't there;)

Ive been saving pennies for awhile just for this. Not had much of a play yet but so far its looking to be a good choice

16 hours ago, Doc said:

I would put it in a display cabinet and drool over it :lol:

Funny you should say that Mick, Its now residing next to another masterpiece, my 1981 Nikon Fe 35mm SLR, a camera that I use regularly. Nikon took the lines of the FE and gave it a steroid enhanced look for the Df.

The great thing is the lenses and stuff like the cable release I use on the FE all fit the Df.

Df and FE.jpg

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:23, catman161 said:

Pfwah F18 call that a fl.

Mmy old Fullerscopes 6" Cass I built in the 80s was F20, now that was a FL:D;)

Edited by philjay

Very similar to what I had on my Lightbridge Kim. The positioning of them is perfect for balance and they work really good.

Good buy :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 March 2016 at 20:27, philjay said:

:D:D:D:D

The full frame Nikon loveliness Ive been promising myself since they came out.

nikondf.jpg

Oh and its absolutely fantastic, cannot wait to try this on lunar

Thats an awesome looking camera you got there.