• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Thanks for the link Martyn.

Much appreciated. I may look at 'doing a transplant'. Seems silly scrapping the whole thing.

Is this why my Powertank won't give an indicated 'charging' light when i plug it in then ? If the battery has died ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YUASA-17-12-NP-SEALED-LEAD-ACID-RECHARGABLE-BATTERY-17AH-12V-VOLT-/271380347291?hash=item3f2f87799b

These batterys are the same ones used for golf trollys, the chargers that come with them fully charge then keep them on a maintanece/trickle charge. Nicads are the latest being used, last longer and dont have a memory, also come in higher AH.

rowbow

Thanks John.

I've just changed over to Tracer Cells (the 10 amp & the 14 amp)

Not sure yet about my old Skywatcher cell. It definitely needs a new battery. I think the Tracers may make it redundant.

And the old Skywatcher is one less thing to carry !!

I can see the ES 30mm 3" coming on. ;)

I bought the 3" focuser for the 20", to avoid the vignetting caused by a standard 2" draw tube with larger fast focal ratios coupled with big eyepiece field stops.

But you could be right Mick, I've now also got the ES 3" eyepiece on my wishlist, to get 1.5 degrees in the 20"! And, just today, I've been trawling the net around the world to try and find it cheaper. :o

I know you better then you know yourself  :lol:

:)

Not important at this stage as I have to build the scope first.

By then perhaps some one might be selling an ES 3" cheap secondhand having got fed up and disappointed with the views :)

Back from my partying weekend, bought a Niffty Fifty (1.8) from T4 in Witney at a good price!

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't leave it at that...........

Howie Glatter 2" laser, and 2" Barlowed laser plug.

I'm very impressed with the quality of these two. Beautifully machined, both of them.

22301105413_25e6841df1_n.jpg22299520584_0af424b1c3_n.jpg

• Like 2

I couldn't leave it at that...........

Howie Glatter 2" laser, and 2" Barlowed laser plug.

I'm very impressed with the quality of these two. Beautifully machined, both of them.

22301105413_25e6841df1_n.jpg22299520584_0af424b1c3_n.jpg[url=]

I have the same one Rob. Great piece of kit. Did you get the circle reticule also or just the pinpoint?

Just the pinpoint for now Felix.

I was under the impression the circular reticule was for Ritchey-Chretian type scopes ?

Just the pinpoint for now Felix.

I was under the impression the circular reticule was for Ritchey-Chretian type scopes ?

Hey rob, yes of course it is :) sorry. I have the Altair Astro Planeta 250 truss Cassegrain so needed the circle reticule for that. Yes you'll be fine with the pinpoint for a Newt

• Like 1

Moonlite installation kit for 10" tube.

Am i turning into a total nerd for getting excited about & posting this ?  :huh:

But it means the new focuser will soon be heading my way..... :rockon:

Again, another beautifully made and machined bit of engineering. Love American gear.

Must mention FLO too.

Simply outstanding service from them. 

I received my collimation gear a day after ordering, and this adapter only took 3 days, due to it being out of stock when ordering.

Received emails & texts every step of the way. Thankyou FLO.

22347677543_cf62cbdc8b_n.jpg

Delos 10 mm, ðŸ‘, that's me done with eyepieces for a bit ☺ï¸,perhaps!

Thanks to Rob (Bino-viewer), ðŸ‘😀

Cheers!

• Like 2

Just had this delivered. It has lots of good black and white photo's, diagrams and charts with observational info and nebula filter recommendations.

Covers DSO's, double and multiple stars.

guide.jpg

Edited by Tweedledee