• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

I do a reasonable alignment using the eamod method, did it last night and I was 0.0633 degrees out according to phd 2

I do a reasonable alignment using the eamod method, did it last night and I was 0.0633 degrees out according to phd 2

Yeah I use EQmod also but don't guide so can't measure the error but always seems to have problems with the object drifting across the FOV after a while. It's a niggly problem really as when I say a while I mean just over an hour-but it annoys me :) Anything that can help me get it better is worth a go in my eyes [emoji4]

Hi, just bought a 2" Barlow for my explore Scientific scope. Also looking to buy a pair of 20x60Pentax binoculars.

Further to my post above I have also purchased a room thermometer so that I can calibrate my TEMPerHum that attaches to my version of bye, so that when outside I am fairly confident of the dew point.

Hi folks!

A book - Messier astrophotography Reference, by Allan Clark, (kindle edition, on my kindle and iPad ?), From Amazon.

A handy reference, and a nice read... Obviously all the messier list, :D includes photos, charts and info on each one plus extras... Less than £8.00 so a bargain!

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice reference guide Steve. Thanks for the share.

I've checked these on Amazon. There are a couple of other Astrophotography titles by Allan Hall (not Clark ;)) too. 

Nearly brought all 3.

But, i'm not a big book reader. Much prefer them on my iPad etc.

My Ipad is old though and is playing up.

So now i'm thinking "what about one of those 'Fire tablets' ??" 

I'm already a prime member.... 

Hmmmmm.............:chin_scratch2:

• Like 1

I enjoyed volume 2 so much, I just had to get volume 3 which is just out.

I doubt that I will get all 12 volumes, as some will have too much southern hemisphere stuff and they are not cheap.

annals-3_gif.jpg

Well Mick, def the 14mm next then maybe the 9 mm and 5.5mm over time, the 30mm is a bit much, but maybe one day. Decided to get a set of 2" for the dob and a set of probably the 68° 1.25 for the zeiss. Like I say, over time.

Edited by tuckstar

Wowee, gorgeous eyepiece Andy, ?

Yeah, I have seen Petes Arsenal...:facepalm: :blink: he has cost me a lot of money too! ... £50 here £50 there... ;)

?

• Like 2

Looking forward to a first light report Andy. You are going to enjoy the big picture through that. You should get very nearly a massive 1.7 degree FOV on your 10". :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Smithysteve said:

Wowee, gorgeous eyepiece Andy, ?

Yeah, I have seen Petes Arsenal...:facepalm: :blink: he has cost me a lot of money too! ... £50 here £50 there... ;)

?

I'm happy to take some blame. :)

• Like 3

Nice one Andy. 

I'm just wondering who'll be the first to have a moment of madness and buy the 30.......

Maybe we should have a sweepstake :lol:

29 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Nice one Andy. 

I'm just wondering who'll be the first to have a moment of madness and buy the 30.......

Maybe we should have a sweepstake :lol:

I know who I'd be betting on.

I was thinking of selling all my big eps and getting a set of 30 degree 0.965" Monocentric eyepieces :P

• Like 2

My wife say's that the garage is already far too cluttered with astro gear, soooooo :D...

Obsy.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

My wife say's that the garage is already far too cluttered with astro gear, soooooo :D...

Obsy.jpg

Hi Pete, have you ordered it? I have this already in paperback and you can borrow it for as long as you want... I know your library is cluttered too ?

Edited by Smithysteve