• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

Took fours hours to get home for me. Very slow traffic going north and Newcastle was ridiculous a broken down car in the outside lane at the north end of the bypass slowed everyone to a stop. Thanks to all for the welcome and the company this weekend. Just a pity the clouds rolled over

Took fours hours to get home for me. Very slow traffic going north and Newcastle was ridiculous a broken down car in the outside lane at the north end of the bypass slowed everyone to a stop. Thanks to all for the welcome and the company this weekend. Just a pity the clouds rolled over

sorry to hear Tom :blush: will let them know off to pub  for tea :wub: hopefully clear tonight see you soon and clear skies

Glad you're home OK Tom, good to see you again and catch up!

Alan, what's going on with your signature, it's all gobbledegook!!??

Guest CodnorPaul

Why is there 1 and a half Martyn's on that picture Allan?  I may have had a glass of wine with dinner but...

Edited by CodnorPaul

Thanks to all that came to EMS 4, a fantastic weekend made better by fantastic company. Thanks for making it another great star party, great food, great all day breakfasts great Guinness!

:)

Glad you're home OK Tom, good to see you again and catch up!

Alan, what's going on with your signature, it's all gobbledegook!!??

Not sure may have to delete and do again 

Sunday night was awesome. It cleared about 23.00 and carried on until bed time around 04.00. I would say it was one of the darkest and clearest nights I've had, easily darker then Kelling.

By this time there was only myself, Martin, Pete Sullivan, Cazz, Ibbo, Andy and Chris left. Stephen had gone to bed early due to the long trip back to Eastborne.

The campsite has loads of plus points but I admit a few negatives that need to be ironed out. 

All in all a great star party even though we only got two clear nights.

Sunday night was awesome. It cleared about 23.00 and carried on until bed time around 04.00. I would say it was one of the darkest and clearest nights I've had, easily darker then Kelling.

By this time there was only myself, Martin, Pete Sullivan, Cazz, Ibbo, Andy and Chris left. Stephen had gone to bed early due to the long trip back to Eastborne.

The campsite has loads of plus points but I admit a few negatives that need to be ironed out. 

All in all a great star party even though we only got two clear nights.

Err excuse me Mick some of us where imaging to 5am :huh:  typical you forget get about us imagers tucked away in our warm tents  you dirty visual lot  :P  ;)

Edited by Allan the Plumber

I thought you were watching re runs of strictly Allan  ;)

you wait and see all that data I got  :lol:  yeah I did watch the result show  :blush: but I did have a tent full Saturday with a load of closet Strictly fans :yahoo:   YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE 

you wait and see all that data I got  :lol:  yeah I did watch the result show  :blush: but I did have a tent full Saturday with a load of closet Strictly fans :yahoo:   YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE 

oh dear :facepalm:

I also have photographic evidence too Sheila

even worse, totally ashamed of you all :rofl:

Edited by Sheila

Home safe and sound and the m1 was clear to J26. Fantastic weekend with some great people. Pete has put us all to shame with his location skills and that dob is nearly as big as the portions at the local pub!!

Great campsite surrounded with some gorgeous countryside. Although we had two nights of cloud, last night made up for it. Cristal clear dark skies. Would definitely return if we do it again.

Now to find some time to unpack.

• Like 2

I thought it was going to take a long time to get there, it turned out to be quicker then Kelling so that is another plus point for the campsite or the location.

I think Studfold will take some beating as a site for EMS star parties: Dark sky, decent facilities & only about 2 and a half hours drive from M1 junction 26. A good find, well done Baz!

• Like 2