• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

Have to say the location looks great. (Thanks for the pictures allan) I was going to book late and come late Friday but looking like it would be too much effort really as have to be back for an event in Sunday afternoon and should really attend a meal with my partner Saturday evening too. I'd probably miss the best of the W too but here's hoping you'll all have a great few days with some clear skies, good observing and imaging. I'll hope for next time!

Best wishes

Steve

Dont want to jinx but Friday maybe okay it's cold and clear at moment 

• Like 1

Dont want to jinx but Friday maybe okay it's cold and clear at moment

As tempted as I am just for the evening it's such a long way and I would be arriving late... Camping so would have to pitch a tent at some point... to then come back for a meal Saturday evening it would be a little crazy to do it! Good to hear it's clear now. :-)

As tempted as I am just for the evening it's such a long way and I would be arriving late... Camping so would have to pitch a tent at some point... to then come back for a meal Saturday evening it would be a little crazy to do it! Good to hear it's clear now. :-)

How much gear have you got Steve

Very nice of you to offer Allan. I'll have I think about it and keep an eye on the weather. Have to be realistic though and it is quite a trek. Shame that work prevents me from getting away during this week!

Have a great evening all!

Car packed, just need to drop my princess off at school and I'm on my way☺ see you in a bit.

Me too, caravan ready and car packed, just waiting for the school traffic to finish then I'm also on my way! :) :)

Looks like a nice level site with good spacing between pitches. Is there any lighting problem from the Scouts or Caravan Club? From the pics it looks like it might all have been just a "last minute panic"?

Edited by Brantuk

The duke of Edinburgh awards kids are not here yet, initial issue with white light from only 1 of the other campers but a quite polite word and they sorted it immediately, even had quite a few of them join us throughout the night and they were well impressed. It's worked out quite well actually, they are a walking / hiking club and as such they have a "leader" so we arranged with him that if we had any issues we go to him, if he has any issues with us he comes to Martyn or myself, it's amazing how well things work out when your polite and civil.

Had a fantastic clear night all night until about 4 when the seeing went off, we called it quits about 5:15, a truly awesome night!

Edited by Daz Type-R

Excellent Daz - good to hear there's no problems. It was patchy cloud all last night here - so you ain't missing anything. :)

Few more 

21866266559_932c348429_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21432040003_40b094277d_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

22053170365_15e2e58f94_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21864996880_acdbe1aa5d_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21432043853_bb27f5c0ea_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

22026993396_8c6acc95a7_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21866285239_d9181731dd_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Looks great. Would of loved to have gone, will go next year if we can get the date out early enough

• Like 1

Looks good there, shame we didn't make it. But it was a good job really as my youngest son was admitted to hospital last night very poorly, I've barely managed 2 hrs of broken sleep last night and i'm an absolute zombie there would have been no way I could have made it to the campsite. It never rains but it pours, I think I am going to give up trying to plan anything :(

Nah cloudy few breaks but not enough to warrant ;)  setting up tonight looks better 

Home safe and unpacking, 1/2 hr holdup on the A1 due to a RTA but otherwise trouble free journey.

Thanks everybody for a great weekend even if it was cloudy! The pub was decent and bird watching although quiet was breathtakingly beautiful!! (Thanks Mick!)

Cheers

Ron

Yeah I hit the hold up on the A1 but apart from that a reasonable journey. Bright sunshine here.

Nice to see folks again. A really nice part of the country that