• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

No just checked seems like a group at top

And me Ibbo Baz and Morris Oxford at bottom wonder where rest of caravan club going ?

Bring your best cold weather gear, Carol on BBC Breakfast has forecast a possible 0 degrees Friday morning!  :brr:

Thanks Martyn have new electric blanket to try looks cold for duration

Possibility of Aurora tonight, not as good as last night, but a "Maybe" according to our Carol. There are sometimes she does the entire weather forecast and I have no idea what she has said.  :blush2:

Leaving later than I planned, had some family stop over last night so done nothing, packing now, hopefully rolling about 10:30 ish, safe journey everyone.

:)

Few quick images of setting up this evening 

22026429982_12338d5ddb_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21415968744_29cc168ea2_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21417643253_0eaff56e39_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21850931248_a95773406b_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

22012601056_4f6bc38edd_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

22012602996_617bf75a32_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

21850938628_d0d361d823_c.jpgEMS 4 by Allan Young-Hares, on Flickr

Looks great guys.

I had a busy day today but the car is packed and I've just got my food so off first thing in the morning.

Hope it's a clear night for you guys.

Apparently the moors to the left of the campsite and above Grimwith Reservoir is home to Hen Harriers.

Turn left out of the campsite and you can drive for miles over the moors and they are around there. I think the road is really a track and a dead end.

Have to say the location looks great. (Thanks for the pictures allan) I was going to book late and come late Friday but looking like it would be too much effort really as have to be back for an event in Sunday afternoon and should really attend a meal with my partner Saturday evening too. I'd probably miss the best of the W too but here's hoping you'll all have a great few days with some clear skies, good observing and imaging. I'll hope for next time!

Best wishes

Steve

Edited by Johnnyaardvark