• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Very nice John! :)

Pete, those glasses would be handy in the Kelling toilet block!!

Might be a good idea to wear them in the loo at Studfold then :thumbsup:

I'm very happy with this skywatcher tripod, seems a good finish, robust heavy feel with 2" legs, and it extends to about 1.5 m tall!

It is bolted at the centre, but clamped for redundancy until I can source a more secure fastener. As a result of using the tripod centre, I can't fit the skywatcher EP holder, but will sort something out.

image.jpg1_zpsxpaifvve.jpg

Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas... On its way from Amazon...😄

Took the plunge at last... I have opted for the field version, so I can use it (and leave it) in the dome without worrying about the damp 💦

It should last me I hope☺ï¸

And I love maps! I think this will be quicker and easier to use than planetarium software in a lot of circumstances...

• Like 2

You'll love that atlas Steve :thumbsup:

Cheers Pete, thanks for the chance to see the atlas at yours... I've been 'umming and arring' since I saw your Interstellarum 😗

Plus there are lots of good reviews etc 😀

I am a happy Astro bunny 😄

Guest StevenWhatley

Starlight Xpress SXV H9 Mono with SX Autoguide Camera,

I just won this item on eBay for £500 so fingers crossed its a bargin, but please tell me if I've just wasted my money !!!

21670398578_e8420f489c_b.jpgccd by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

should be fine Steven, same as the Atik 314L+ i believe, plus you have a guide camera also. i suppose the Canon will be put into retirement now.

my latest purchases are, Astrodon 5nm Ha, Sii and Oiii filters, thank you Sheila,

and those very nice people from FLO sent me a Atik 460 mono.

that`s it now i`m spending no more money !

forgot , it`s the IAS show this weekend, OK starting from next week.

Guest StevenWhatley

Yes that's the plan.. will my current reducer/flattner work ok with this cam. I use the Altair Astro 0.8x one.

Blimey you've been spending a few pennies !!!

Edited by StevenWhatley

Due to the size of the pixels in the camera, you'll proberley be ok with it on, but you'll proberley get better results leaving the reducer out, ideally your looking for a pixel resolution range of between 1 and 2, check out field of view calculator which will help you, this is the main reason I went for a small pixel size camera as my scope has a very short focal length.

Guest StevenWhatley

Due to the size of the pixels in the camera, you'll proberley be ok with it on, but you'll proberley get better results leaving the reducer out, ideally your looking for a pixel resolution range of between 1 and 2, check out field of view calculator which will help you, this is the main reason I went for a small pixel size camera as my scope has a very short focal length.

Thanks that's awesome, very nifty tool. !!!

Getting prepared for winter :brr:

Blazewear heated scarf.

Blazewear silver sock liners.

Astrogloves.

Ussen Baltic long fingerless thermal inner gloves.

You are going to spontaneously combust. :lol:

If I get the heated trousers as well, do you think I could leave the dew control at home? :D

Moonlight crayford focused and bahtinov mask - that's it no more spending for a while

Define a while, that could be only 5 minutes :lol::D

Nice haul you have made recently Paul, just in time for the dark nights!