• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

A Euro lottery win is in order to stop the wife doing nasty things to you before you could get one of those.

I suspect a normal win wouldn't cover it.

I would chuck the alarm clock Peter, it's just distracting you! :D

Not sure Dan, these scopes are manufactured for professionals. Would think you are unlikely to find one in someones backyard, but it is nice to dream. The Paramount ME would probably be £10 grand and the scope might be another £30K. Then there will be a hefty pier and observatory to go with it. Can't stick one of those on an eq5 and tripod. The photo you probably found will likely be of the one at Kitt Peak, Arizona. Maybe Telescope House will do a discount code. :D

Cheers Martyn.

Don't favour the odds on the euro lottery. Do you think the cosmic ordering might work? :P

Could do with a lie-in.

Guest Fluke
Not sure Dan, these scopes are manufactured for professionals. Would think you are unlikely to find one in someones backyard, but it is nice to dream. The Paramount ME would probably be £10 grand and the scope might be another £30K. Then there will be a hefty pier and observatory to go with it. Can't stick one of those on an eq5 and tripod. The photo you probably found will likely be of the one at Kitt Peak, Arizona. Maybe Telescope House will do a discount code.

An unlikely future EMS loan scope then, shame :(

Even if Martyn or Dave (Rock Doctor) found someone to donate one, you wouldn't be able to take it away on some pillows in the back seat. :)

Observing The Deep Sky: an astronomer's companion by Darren Bushnall. As spotted by Peter fpr sale on Amazon, got mine £2.77 with free post!

Guest heathenwoods

Observing The Deep Sky: an astronomer's companion by Darren Bushnall from Amazon :D - thanks for the heads up

Guest Steve

Astrozap 2 Channel controller - thanks Pat.

Dew it Yourself 90cm Dew Heater kit - now where did I put my soldering iron...?

Observing The Deep Sky: an astronomer's companion by Darren Bushnall from Amazon - thanks for the heads up

Well, I just hope this deep sky book meets everyones expectations.

Or my name is mud :unsure:

For the price it can't be at all bad in any way shape or form, I think your reputation will be safe :)

Edited by Perkil8r

If you learn one thing from it, it's been worthwhile. Personally I think it has a lot of common sense information in it.

Guest fish

Just got an Orion Centering Adapter for my Dob. No more marks on my eyepieces and quick to change. Very impressed with it.

@fish, plus if you screw the lock nut right off it leaves a handy T2 connection for cameras, etc.

A 2" OIII filter and Orion centering EP adaptor, but I've lost the 2" EP holder that came with the 12" dob.

A 2" OIII filter and Orion centering EP adaptor, but I've lost the 2" EP holder that came with the 12" dob.

I have a 2" holder you can have if you need one.