• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

It's been a while since I spent any pennies due to the rubbish weather, but just ordered some Baader Solar Film B)

A Cambridge star Atlas that Mrs Baz doesn't know about ....yet.

£15 from the Book Depository, a bargain methinks.

It's been a while since I spent any pennies due to the rubbish weather, but just ordered some Baader Solar Film B)

Me too and it has arrived this morning :D .

Guest Steve

Well, I got some Baadar Solar film too today today! And the Solar Continuum filter. And the Neodymium filter. Of course, there is the 2" WO Diagonal and the Baader Clickstop zoom with the 2xBarlow. And a Canon T adapter. Oh, nearly forgot - and the C9.25 on the CGEM mount. :D

Also expecting some trouble over where the hell I'm going to keep it all.... :(

ED100 arrived today along with an extension for my AZ4. It was even clear enough for a couple of hours to try it all out. Very impressed, best views of Venus and Saturn to date and rock solid on the mount....happy camper!

Edited by Caldwell 14

60mm Double Stack filter arrived at last - now where's the flippin sun gone?.....

Guest Kheldar

The last pair of Celestron UpClose 10x50s from DN18 :D

Primary use : eldest will take them to Spain to view the Venus transit via projection (decided against filtering them when I won't be with her.)

Secondary use : will keep me out of trouble whilst the main rig is imaging :D

A WO Megrez 72mm ED refractor for use as a small grab and go and guide scope when I start imaging. :)

nice purchase there Dave, the 72 would make a nice wide field imaging scope too.

once you start down the dark side, forever will in dominate your destiny, who said that ? l.o.l.

Edited by red dwalf

Lacerta dual speed focuser upgrade for the 300P:- Fitted it with no bother following Martyn's excellent instructions.

Guest Kheldar

A WO Megrez 72mm ED refractor for use as a small grab and go and guide scope when I start imaging. :)

Take that back!!! :) Guide scope indeed HHMPH!

should be very nice Kim

time to get the webcam working as the DS can be a bit dim

Steve

Lacerta dual speed focuser upgrade for the 300P:

A really nice bit of kit for the money, and works very well.

A nice addition to a Dob I think.

A really nice bit of kit for the money, and works very well.

A nice addition to a Dob I think.

It certainly feels like a quality product, might even get to try it out this weekend! :)

Yes Lord Vader I can feel the darkside :D All I need now is some clear skies

If it all goes to plan I might get the WO 0.8 field flattener/reducer III thrown in as well for half the price of the new ota and reducer, although as a second hand item it's not the latest version with DDG, but the scope and reducer are in mint condition.

Stephen I take your point on the use as a guidescope, the imaging from such a small scope , from the pictures that I've seen taken with the scope are amazing.

i`d get the reducer as well Dave if it`s for sale with the scope, will give you a wider field of view and make the scope faster for imaging, cutting down the time needed to get a nice image.

don`t worry about the scope not being the latest version with the ddg, it`s a bit of a gimick in my apinion anyway, and i don`t believe they work that well, i`ve here a few storys about the lcd screen not working properly and i can`t really see the point of it anyway.

I have fallen off the waggon.

12 and 18mm xcel lx

2 inch diaganol and adapters for the mak127

Oh and a 13mm ethos

I have the 12 already. Its ok its a new view but its very prone to black outs. I am only buying them so i dont have to let others use my ethos lol

Guest Kheldar

The UpClose 10x50s have gone back (don't work too well with my girly hands and funny eyes) to be replaced with ...

Opticron Aspheric 8x40s (Thanks to DN18 for that!)

also ...

TS OAG (9mm version) :D