• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

ADM dual bar system from Stephen - thanks mate - looking forward to receiving that for my solar setup :)

SkyWatcher Mak 127 OTA for a bit of easily portable planetary/lunar. Got it from the FLO clearance sale.

A rather nice ST80 just found it's way into my collection of astro gear :lol: cheers Stephen ;)

Guest Fluke

Astro Engineering Universal Solar Finder for me.

Now all set for the Venus transit and a summer of solar observing, weather permitting!

Twist lock centering EP holder theyre like HHS at the moment ;)

4e961b04-82e2-79cd.jpg

Edited by Teslar

Guest Kheldar

Raspberry Pi (I'm going to find a use for it!!!)

Nebulosity 3 Licence (Processing is now fully OSX :D )

A rather nice Diagonal for the st80 from astroboot, and a 62mm T extension because I could :P

Guest Kheldar

A rather nice Diagonal for the st80 from astroboot, and a 62mm T extension because I could :P

Nice haul :) Did you get a third item rather than pay the postage?

Nice haul :) Did you get a third item rather than pay the postage?

:huh: erm.... no :unsure: didn't read that.... Doh!

Just been looking down the garden with it and by jingo it's a good quality image!

Guest Kheldar

:huh: erm.... no :unsure: didn't read that.... Doh!

Just been looking down the garden with it and by jingo it's a good quality image!

It's not the end of the Earth, I think delivery is only £1.50 : but if you purchase three things they don't charge delivery.

That's my excuse for buying things in there from there and I'm sticking to it!!!

It cost me £5 for delivery.... still, not like I'm too bothered, the diagonal is splendid and was for next to nothing.

Guest Kheldar

It cost me £5 for delivery.... still, not like I'm too bothered, the diagonal is splendid and was for next to nothing.

Blimey they put that up some!!

Royal mail have more than doubled some prices don't forget, it costs me around £150 a week more now for what I send out each week.....

A remote timer thingy for the 350D. Was considering BYE, but decided with all the cables etc and cost of the program, I would make the easier step for now, leaving cash for other bits I would prefer sooner rather than later. I can move on to BYE etc as I progress later.

A Sky Watcher 38mm Panaview has just been delivered, oustanding from my original purchase of the scope and equipment last year. Now all I need is some moe clear sky to try it out. :(

Well - first time for me in this thread.

I just took delivery of a very nice 20" f8.2 RCOS Carbon Truss Ritchey-Chretien on a Paramount ME, when my alarm woke me up! Checked my bank account and decided to get The Cambridge Photographic Star Atlas and the S&T Pocket Sky Atlas :D

The Photo atlas is absolutely brilliant, and extremely detailed. The scale of this atlas is about 1 degree per centimetre and in most areas there is hardly a square millimetre without a star. This is not something for taking outside at night. It is a large heavy hardback coffee table type book showing the whole sky in 82 large high quality full page photos. Each opposing page has a negative image showing constellation lines/boundaries, RA/DEC lines and DSOs/doubles with their catalogue numbers. It shows DSOs and asterisms from many different and often very obscure catalogues, when they are not already listed by Messier or NGC. Anyone seen (or heard of) the clusters/asterisms Upgren 1 in Canes Venatici, Ferrero 6 in Ursa Major or Picot 1 just south of Arcturus? I'll be checking them out now. Although this is not really suitable for beginners, it is a marvellous reference for planning your observing, especially when used in conjunction with a standard star atlas, or just for staring at in wonder. And it's a bit cheaper than the RCOS :P

Cheers.

Guest Fluke
Well - first time for me in this thread.

I just took delivery of a very nice 20" f8.2 RCOS Carbon Truss Ritchey-Chretien on a Paramount ME, when my alarm woke me up! Checked my bank account and decided to get The Cambridge Photographic Star Atlas and the S&T Pocket Sky Atlas

The Photo atlas is absolutely brilliant, and extremely detailed. The scale of this atlas is about 1 degree per centimetre and in most areas there is hardly a square millimetre without a star. This is not something for taking outside at night. It is a large heavy hardback coffee table type book showing the whole sky in 82 large high quality full page photos. Each opposing page has a negative image showing constellation lines/boundaries, RA/DEC lines and DSOs/doubles with their catalogue numbers. It shows DSOs and asterisms from many different and often very obscure catalogues, when they are not already listed by Messier or NGC. Anyone seen (or heard of) the clusters/asterisms Upgren 1 in Canes Venatici, Ferrero 6 in Ursa Major or Picot 1 just south of Arcturus? I'll be checking them out now. Although this is not really suitable for beginners, it is a marvellous reference for planning your observing, especially when used in conjunction with a standard star atlas, or just for staring at in wonder. And it's a bit cheaper than the RCOS

Cheers.

Just had a look online at your new scope, wowzers! Looks impressive Peter.

I do like the look of The Cambridge Photographic Star Atlas, that's another on the wanted list.

Enjoy your new gear :)

To clarify...

Dan ---- my alarm woke me up! ;)

I'd have had to sell the house (or soul) for an RCOS.

Bet there isn't an RCOS this side of the Sonoran Desert in Arizona.

Unless --- maybe I should read up about this cosmic ordering :D

I wasn't dreaming about the atlases, honest.

Sorry. :unsure: