• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Guest Darrian

Just bought some of those metal flight cases from maplins for all my bits and bobs.. what a steal at 30 quid.. ive also bought a plastic case with a small fan and other bits so i can re-house my sp900nc and give it some cooling for long exposures...

A Baader Contrast booster filter and some red film (gel) for my laptop and notebook (and Collins Stars and Planets book) all from RVO!

Guest Kheldar

Skywatcher Evostar ED80 Pro (no accesories)

Telescope-Service : £280 :D

Part of a batch that came over on a boat with the wrong single speed Crayford fitted.

As I'm replacing that almost immediately, who cares! :D

Kheldar, I'm on the boat this week, will get dosh to you at weekend, OK?

If needed sooner let me know.

Guest Kheldar

Baader Steeltrack (Refractor)

Skywatcher Focal Reducer (ED80)

Decided to leave the Moonlite, I really miss my Newt Steeltrack so I'll put the difference towards another couple of new toys :D

Skywatcher 9x50 RACI finder scope for the 150p and a pair of Celestron X-cel LX eyepieces ( 7mm & 12mm ) thanks to Nigel (DN18).

Guest Kheldar

Official XBox 360 Wired (yes you read that right) gamepad : after seeing Robs problems at SGL, I'm sticking with always on (and a 9 foot cable!)

7 Piece filter kit from Northern Optics, just want to thank Nigel for amazing service, paid yesterday, arrived today.

Just ordered a WO UWAN 7mm ep from FLO, looking forward to that 82' view!!

Very nice Ron - quality bit of kit close to TV performance I believe :)

I just ordered a Baader solar film filter and a Wonder Fluid lens cleaning kit. Gonna mount the Lunt and Meg sbs for white light and hydrogen alpha view comparisons.

I use the Baader Solar film on my Starwave 80, good results when I use a Baader Contrast Booster as well!

Hotech laser collimator off Astro Buy Sell-should arrive Friday :) bargain!

A great book, 'Deep-Sky Wonders' by Sue French who does the deep sky maps and tours in Sky & Telescope magazine, a dimmer 'plug' for the obsy red light and a 16mm UWAN ep from FLO!!