• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

I am there till Monday, or your car roof could be very overloaded bringing the trailer home - if the cover was unsuitable to camp in ;-)

My dob cover is waterproof and breathable and bigger than a sleeping bag, but I'd much rather be kipping in a trailer tent :) .

Thanks Cazz. :thumbsup:

I thought I would stick up the directions on how to get to the site, copied from Studfold's web page.

It might help, and stop folks having problems.

Do not use your sat nav for the last part of your journey to us! Make sure your journey is via Pateley Bridge. Use a map from Pateley Bridge taking the Low Wath Road (turn on to this road by the petrol station) and NOT the Top Wath Road.

From A1 south, exit at Ripon junction (Not Bedale or Leeming Bar) and continue your journey via Pateley Bridge.

From A1 north, exit at Knaresborough/York junction and continue via Pateley Bridge. See above for further directions from Pateley Bridge. 

I thought I would stick up the directions on how to get to the site, copied from Studfold's web page.

It might help, and stop folks having problems.

Do not use your sat nav for the last part of your journey to us! Make sure your journey is via Pateley Bridge. Use a map from Pateley Bridge taking the Low Wath Road (turn on to this road by the petrol station) and NOT the Top Wath Road.

From A1 south, exit at Ripon junction (Not Bedale or Leeming Bar) and continue your journey via Pateley Bridge.

From A1 north, exit at Knaresborough/York junction and continue via Pateley Bridge. See above for further directions from Pateley Bridge. 

Sorry to seem stupid why are they saying to go this route when both Google Tom Tom and AA road map say to go up to 50 and through Masham is it for people pulling boxes on wheels 

I suspect so. My satnag says to go to J50 and come back down, which is probably the faster route. But I won't have a biscuit tin on castors to tow. :D

Where is that on the map Allan??

That's the lane coming down the hill that meets the route south bound to the campsite suggest just before heading to campsite

Edited by Allan the Plumber

That can't be the B6525 that they tell you to take from Pately Bridge (low wath road) a caravan will never get through that, I think that way is if you go upto J50 and across (so not following the sites instructions).

In Lofthouse?

I'm using the B6165 from Knaresborough.

Edited by Ron Clarke

Yes sorry Ron as you come through the village towards campsite the streer view stops and you can only go up the hill follow that to the group of houses and your find that tight gap ( countyfile weather coming up now )

In Lofthouse?

I'm using the B6165 from Knaresborough.

That's the one Ron, sorry, I was going from memory.

This is what I'm doing Ron....

M1

M18

A1 (J47)

Wetherby

A661

Harrogate

A61

B6165

Pately Bridge

Low Wath Road.

Out of a 103 mile journey only the last 16 miles or so are on B roads, perfect for pulling the tin snail.

Edited by Daz Type-R

I'm coming off and going through Knaresborough to give Harrogate a miss!  A59-B6165-to Pateley Bridge via Ripley.

Looks the best route for towing a van!!