• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

just got a pair of those toaty warm boots from Decathlon today and they;re on offer. £9.99 instead of £14.99.

I shouldn't have cold feet at SGL7!

Yellow filter (1.25) and a spare battery for the Canon!

a Vixen 20mm NVL EP from FLO

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest Kheldar

just got a pair of those toaty warm boots from Decathlon today and they;re on offer. £9.99 instead of £14.99.

I shouldn't have cold feet at SGL7!

I'm going with the hiking boots + two pairs of socks + football socks approach :D

Dare I say - contract's just been renewed so I'm looking for "something solar" cos I'm miffed about not getting out enough at night :)

Those slightly kidded pst's are a reasonable price Kim, they had a few at sgl6 last year and we could see some lovely solar flares.

Kidded ? I mean modded, stupid smart phone

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Fluke

As you know Im an Apple gimmick geek so I've ordered the new iPad. Not strictly astro I know but it's how I access EMS and my astro books & apps :)

I think it's a great all rounder - smashing imaging newt and very capable observing platform too from the reviews - I'd like to come see that at Kelling and have a butchers :)

Well you know whete me and chris are in april mate, I am waiting for flo to send me one adm clamp and seeing if thus can do me a losmondy one for my skytee2 but they are not responding.. I know they have moves but I want my gear to mount the mn safely :-)

Just bought a Jessops ball and socket head so i can piggybach my 1000d on the scope for some nice widefield shots.

Just walked out of the shops with w mn190 :wacko:

By jove you had a bit of loose change knocking about!

Very nice Colin, look forward to having a squint at it.

I went in looking for a mak as I dont like defraction spikes on planets and ended up walking out with the mn, I hadnt considered one tbh, just been our and did a star test and its very very tight stars and no c0ma :-)

Just got to sell my one month old 200p now lol

Just got a new Flight case from Maplins and deciding where to put everything!!

Just arrived from FLO, a Vixen 20mm NVL ep amd a Tal 2x Barlow (I dropped my other one!!)