• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS2

cosmic dave

What tosh!

You were mainly found with a drink in your hand during the night, with the occasional look at a screen, then during the day you were cooking me breakfast and dinner!

;)

yeah sure

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• Sheila

• Daz Type-R

• RonC

What tosh!

You were mainly found with a drink in your hand during the night, with the occasional look at a screen, then during the day you were cooking me breakfast and dinner!

;)

yeah sure.... bring your mrs too then :P

Edited by Sheila

Can't have that, would have to be on best behaviour!!!!

;)

Edited by Daz Type-R

Guest Kheldar

Can't have that, would have to be on best behaviour!!!!

;)

Ssshhhh, they can read you know!!!

Sorry Darren, my wife will be there as well this year!  :)

and very welcome she is too :D

Mine will not be :whistle:

Edited by Kheldar

Ssshhhh, they can read you know!!!

and very welcome she is too :D

Mine will not be :whistle:

neither will HWMNBO  :wacko:

EHU pitch booked for Friday and Saturday night at last! Right I have to not injure myself close to the event this time!!

OK - I have to ask. What is the Paul Money aspect - I can't see any reference to this in the topic....  :huh:

Unfortunately I am looking unlikely for this - 25th wedding anniversary that week, and I don't think a drafty tent is going to cut it!!! :brr:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK just to keep everyone in the loop. Award winning astronomer Paul Money will be joining us at EMS2 we have booked him to give one of his excellent talks on Saturday (main day) afternoon, we will be using the function room at the local pub in Anderby Creek for this and if we have clear skies in the evening we hope Paul will join us for a little stargazing.

Thanks a lot Dave for organising all this, really, really, really looking forward to this now!

Thanks a lot Dave for organising all this, really, really, really looking

forward to this now!

No worries I'm happy to do it, I must admit I'm also really looking forward to it..

Great news, this has really caught on. Should be a great starparty :)

• 3 weeks later...

Can't make it this year :( actually Laura says I can go but as its her birthday on the 8th I'm thinking that yes is a test :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fusebox666

yes I will be going, already booked holidays off at work, (got new scope 8" Dobson) can't wait to give it a go, clouds are a problem :( at the moment, but the collimation problems on my 6" Newtonian have gone, as it is packed away ready to be sold.

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite last minute but looks like I am going to be able to make this one so I shall give them a call tomorrow. Hope there's still room

Thats if I can get through, tried phoning 3 times so far and zilch, not going to bother with email as they dont answer that either, will try again later

With no scope there is no need for me to tolerate a tent and sleeping bag, so I may come for the social element but cheat and book and B&B somewhere close by. As luck would have it, Emma wants to go on a horse holiday that very same weekend and the place happens to be a mile from the camp site... result!

I'll know closer the time.

I might even have me a little grab'n'go by then.  :ph34r:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.