• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS2

cosmic dave

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• Sheila

• Daz Type-R

• RonC

Guest Fluke

Really enjoyed it last year.

Not sure whether to come or not this time though as I only have a mount at the mo and doubt I'll have a new scope in time.

Really enjoyed it last year.

Not sure whether to come or not this time though as I only have a mount at the mo and doubt I'll have a new scope in time.

You'll kick yourself if you miss it. There's plenty of scopes on site. Get yourself there :P

Definitely come dan! I am sure I speak for all when I say your welcome to views through our scopes. Also the social aspect and getting away from the hustle and bustle etc :)

You'll kick yourself if you miss it. There's plenty of scopes on site. Get yourself there :P

what about asking to borrow an EMS scope????  shoot me if thats a bad idea :o

what about asking to borrow an EMS scope???? shoot me if thats a bad idea :o

Not sure if it's lent out ? No reason why not if it isn't as far as im concerned. .

Not sure if it's lent out ? No reason why not if it isn't as far as im concerned. .

i think we have 3 now??

Alternatively I can bring a spare ota to go with your mount Dan - I must have one lying round somewhere lol. :)

Ahh that's good then - if you're just observing I can bring the 200P wich'll be fine on that. :)

(It's got rings and dovetail - all you'll need is mount and eyepieces)

I'll prob have my 200p and eq5 there as well if anybody wants to have a go at some visual. I'll most likely be in mission control watching the laptop so won't get to use it even though that was the intention.

Guest bob_Garton

Hi All,

Sorry i have not been back to this forum since Jan! :-(

Anyway the nights are getting darker and had a great time the other night surfing the stars with my binos.

Is it to late to book into this starparty. Never been to one before and will be nice to meet up and get some advice on my telescope etc.

I dont have a caravan either so can i just come in my car and leave later at night?

Kind regards

Rob

Castle Donington

There's plenty of space left at the site so that shouldn't be an issue. You don't need a caravan, you could take a tent or at worst case sleep in the car. Most of us have a tent of some sort or other, there's only a few less adventurous folk who take tin snails :lol:

Tin snail!! Lol. My camper has a 2.8 turbo and it's no slouch on the road. I take it your referring to the towed variety :D

Tin snail!! Lol. My camper has a 2.8 turbo and it's no slouch on the road. I take it your referring to the towed variety :D

But of course ;)

There's plenty of space left at the site so that shouldn't be an issue. You don't need a caravan, you could take a tent or at worst case sleep in the car. Most of us have a tent of some sort or other, there's only a few less adventurous folk who take tin snails :lol:

Ive got a nice warm house up the road if its to uncomfortable :rockon:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.